Musicman User Experience ?

The JPXI is stunning. Both the Luke and the Morse models are soo confortable and nice and fast but if you want one or the other, it has to be your own taste (luke and morse are more similar-ish on the radius of the neck, JP's are flatter).
If you are going JP, be it the X's or the BFR's, make sure you get the latest models as the earvana-like nut is pretty awesome.

As everyone said, good tone, well balanced guitar, and necks are fast and extremely confortable. I've converted a 30yr old L4 player to musicman in 10min.

As for the bridge, whammy/drop away and fear not.

My experience is here and I found "Big Poppa's" response disgusting... (not the first time either)
Luckily some other guy before him acknowledged the problem *can* exist.
Luke II - review & first string problem?

Anyway, I should have noticed when I bought it second hand.

Anyone wanting a Luke: "try before you buy."
The V-neck is different for sure. It can be heaven or dangerous and hurtful, depending on how it fits your hand.

Despite the good aspects, would seriously doubt to buy new/again from Mr "my nose is bleeding" :-x

I've played a few musicmans over the years and all were outstanding. Not really sure why I don't own one :roll
But back to the original post ...
Game changer looks a great idea. Is anyone using one especially the midi changing of the pickups along with an Axe FX preset change seems a great idea. Especially the version with piezo would give a lot of flexibility. Is this technology going to appear on other models, it just seems to be the reflex model at the moment.
Any thoughts welcome ?

I've been looking at this with interest as well. The plusses and minusses I see are:
- This is such an obvious thing to do, all guitars should come like this
- Customise your favouriute tones and put them where you want them
- The guitar is also a great guitar
- It comes in black .... or black
- Vague documentation on how Z bank works in practice (does it reset if you use the selector switch? How do you know where you are in a live situation? etc)
- The biggest downside for me: It uses a computer interface, dependant upon current hardware (USB), firmware and software (browser editor interface), all of which will eventually be unsupported leaving you with still a good guitar ... until something eventually goes wrong. Guitars are regarded by many as lifetime purchases that improve with age. Computerised guitars need to be thought of as disposable.

btw, there are some quite hilarious misunderstandings around on how this guitar works. I especially liked the explanation of how the connection matrix shows that some connections only have certain strings working!

I had a luke for a while, great neck and build, played very nice, I just found it a bit ....small, thought I was going to break it, lol.

Had a Luke...never really got comfortable with the kinda strange shaped neck...so switched to a Suhr GG sig....my best axe ever :)

Anway....nice build...every detail was perfect...it was really a nice guitar...just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom