Muse Uprising keyboard part on guitar/Axe

Randall d

Experienced
I need to do the keyboard part for the intro (and first chorus) of Muse's Uprising. Any ideas where I can start, or a factory preset that will get me in the ballpark? I don't need to match it exactly, just get as close as possible with a guitar. I've never done any synth type sounds so not sure where to start.

This may not be what you are looking for, but this is what I used. It was a patch I made for the middle part of Rebel Yell, and I ended up also using it for Uprising because I just couldn't come up with anything that tracked well. I'm not good with the synth block yet. This is an older version of the patch. I'm not at my AxeFx at the moment. i remember there being something out of balance between output 1 and output 2 that I have since fixed. If this helps you out, I can uploaded the latest version once I'm home. This patch also has everything pitched up an octave so you don't have to play it up so high on the fretboard. Maybe this will give you some ideas at least.

Attachments

• RS-1 Rebel Synth.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
Awesome! Now I just need to figure in how to dial in that bass tone haha. Love me some synth influenced fuzzy bass.

My favorite is the over the top one he does in "time is running out" I think its a ZVEX Wooley Mammoth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom