MP3-Player -> Axe-FX for play along?

Michael

Hi folks,

I searched for this topic but get no results. I want to play along to MP3-files.

I hooked up the out of my MP3-Player to the input 2 of the Ultra. Lights show up at the level meter, but there's no playback signal comming out of out 1 and out 2 to my headphones, only the guitar signal.

Logical, because there's no FX-Rtn-block involved to feed the signal from input 2 to the output. So I messed around with effect loop, fx-rtn - no success. Any ideas? I/O - Input 2 is set to stereo.

Thanks - Michael

Michael said:
I hooked up the out of my MP3-Player to the input 2 of the Ultra.
Eeeek! Wouldn't that sound like shit, i.e. the mp3 signal would be processed by the Axe-Fx?

If I didn't have a K1 I'd use a headphone amp that takes multiple sources or a small mixer.

Not intended to be a thread hijack but I have a K1:

qnmc8m.png

Sweet.

:)

Michael said:
Hi folks,

I searched for this topic but get no results. I want to play along to MP3-files.

I hooked up the out of my MP3-Player to the input 2 of the Ultra. Lights show up at the level meter, but there's no playback signal comming out of out 1 and out 2 to my headphones, only the guitar signal.

Logical, because there's no FX-Rtn-block involved to feed the signal from input 2 to the output. So I messed around with effect loop, fx-rtn - no success. Any ideas? I/O - Input 2 is set to stereo.

Thanks - Michael

You need toa route fx loop block( not on first block) to output 1, the easiest wat is just to put an fx loop block on the last column, but not connected to your guitar fx route.

yeah get a small mixer or headphone amp that has a tape / phono input. You'd be wasting a perfectly good input and processing power running everything through the axe.

Firstpenguin said:
yeah get a small mixer or headphone amp that has a tape / phono input. You'd be wasting a perfectly good input and processing power running everything through the axe.

The question would be, what is he plugging his headphones into now?

Thanks for the answers. At home I've all the stuff mentioned - but I'm on holiday, and I just took my Ultra, my guitar and my macbook with me. And a guitar, of course. And some clothes. ;-) Didn't check it out before and left my recording interface at home. Big mistake.

At the moment I did it the other way around: Ultra -> Mac -> Sequencer. Problem here: high latency with the inbuild input or crackles - both not very useful.

axetrax said:
Michael said:
I hooked up the out of my MP3-Player to the input 2 of the Ultra.
Eeeek! Wouldn't that sound like shit, i.e. the mp3 signal would be processed by the Axe-Fx?

If I didn't have a K1 I'd use a headphone amp that takes multiple sources or a small mixer.

Not intended to be a thread hijack but I have a K1:

qnmc8m.png

Sweet.

:)

I'm trying to find more info on this piece of gear but cannot find any. Does anybody have product information (I/Os, price, etc) or links?

Michael said:
Hi folks,

Thanks - Michael

Take a look at this: http://www.v-studio.info/100/view_gen_video.php?id=3
It's an audio and midi interface, a DAW controller, it can be used without a computer as a digital mixer, as a recorder, as a backing track player...

Back
Top Bottom