Moving to fractal from helix, need help!

Hi

As we talked on the phone, I started which the Yamaha DXR10 which worked great.

I now have a stereo pair of the Red Sound 8 inch speakers which I suspect aren’t so FRFR, but which sound absolutely amazing
Hi Pete,
I forgot to ask you which speakers you were using! Are those red sounds the best speakers you've had then, I'll check those out. The Alto's I were using until recently are dreadful, they should come with a warning if you're using an amp modeller. The yamaha HS5s I just bought are small but highly rated studio monitors, they have improved my setup ahuge amount but I've got 30 days to send them back if something even better comes up

I love the Red Sounds, at first they sounded so different to the DXR10 it was almost confusing.

But once my ear got used to them and I turned off some filter blocks. Amazing, very responsive and ‘amp in the room’.

I find for guitar some more PA speakers over hype bass at the expense of mids. Yet more studio speakers almost do the opposite.

A Red Sound Stereo pair isn’t cheap, but I wouldn’t change from them for anything

I love the Red Sounds, at first they sounded so different to the DXR10 it was almost confusing.

But once my ear got used to them and I turned off some filter blocks. Amazing, very responsive and ‘amp in the room’.

I find for guitar some more PA speakers over hype bass at the expense of mids. Yet more studio speakers almost do the opposite.

A Red Sound Stereo pair isn’t cheap, but I wouldn’t change from them for anything
I just read your review in the other thread, I had never heard of these before but I think you're bang on with the PA speakers, that's been my experience too.

I'm going to look into the red sound pair. If the price frightens me I'll stick with the HS5's lol. The quest continues!

I just read your review in the other thread, I had never heard of these before but I think you're bang on with the PA speakers, that's been my experience too.

I'm going to look into the red sound pair. If the price frightens me I'll stick with the HS5's lol. The quest continues!

As you’re on the journey - speak to Sussi, you get them on sale or return so if you might like them worth a try!

Sorry on holiday at the moment so not keeping as up to date as normal!

Back
Top Bottom