Moving presets from AxeFx II to AxeFx XL

aircadet

Inspired
Hi all,

I just got my AxeFx XL (I know, lucky me!). I've using an AxeFx II for last so many years & I'm very happy with my current presets, is there an easy way to move them from one to other? I tried putting one in from a backup the amp was different with all the controls on 0. Do I need to remove global amp, etc setting first?

Cheers,

Paul

If you load presets which contained global blocks, you also need to load the "system" data.

Axe-Edit will convert them.
What about converting the other way - e.g., I have an Axe-Fx II and there are some presets in which I'm interested on Axe Change that were designed on the XL. Is it possible to convert those to be used on the Axe-Fx II?

What about converting the other way - e.g., I have an Axe-Fx II and there are some presets in which I'm interested on Axe Change that were designed on the XL. Is it possible to convert those to be used on the Axe-Fx II?

Not currently. Maybe one day.

What about converting Axe Fx ultra presets to axe effect 2 presets?

There are so many differences in the two units hardware, their parameter sets, firmware, etc., that a direct conversion would probably be pointless or sound 'sub-optimal'.

At most, you could use an Ultra patch as a very loose guideline for initial AFX II settings, then tweak the rest by ear. Best recommendation is to start from scratch to take advantage of the massive improvements of the II series.

TT

Hi all,
Sorry for being so stupid but can someone point me in the right direction on how to convert my AxeII presets to Axe XL & get them into my Axe XL? Do I need to remove global settings, can I copy a block of presets with their CC settings or do I need to save one preset at a time then reinstall it into the XL?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Paul

I believe you need to export on a per preset basis from axe edit with the MK1/2 and then import with Axe edit on the XL.

But I have been wrong in the past so there may be another way.

Back
Top Bottom