Most EXPENSIVE Amps in the FM3.

Trainwrecks are probably next. There are some classic Fenders that are pricey. The Bludojai (Dumble clone) doesn't come cheap either. I predict that unless Alan Phillips starts producing Carol Anns again then they are destined for legendary status.

Yeah I guess what I meant (can of worms) is what is the most "sought after and rare" amps (amp tones) in the FM3.
Which perhaps could mean what are the most expensive.

Not even sure which one is the Dumble in the FM3 but maybe it is explained in the amp list wiki I have seen...

Trainwrecks are probably next. There are some classic Fenders that are pricey. The Bludojai (Dumble clone) doesn't come cheap either. I predict that unless Alan Phillips starts producing Carol Anns again then they are destined for legendary status.
Nice, so Bludojai is the "Dumble" in the FM3? Carol Ann was good in the FM3 that I recall... will try this tonight.... TY

Nice, so Bludojai is the "Dumble" in the FM3? Carol Ann was good in the FM3 that I recall... will try this tonight.... TY
ODS is for Overdrive Special (that it is Dumble is assumed, as he only every used that model name).

I've found I prefer the Carol Anns to the ODS and even prefer the Bludojai. If you get into the CAs, I suggest going to the website. Alan has a chart that will guide you to each amp's strengths. The Tucana 3 is an incredibly versatile amp (personal fav).

If you haven't done so, you really need to get Yek's Amp Guide from the wiki. Tons of good info and if you're using something you're unfamiliar with he has several tips to at least get you on the right path with many of the amps.

To be more precise for those that might not follow and read the link (and maybe what you meant), the Bludojai is a clone OF Robben Ford's Dumble. The real amp was (maybe still is) owned by @austinbuddy.

He posted a for sale listing recently and it's a beautiful specimen!

My Dumble is probably worth $150K+ now. There's one identical to mine on Reverb for $175K and mine is in as good or better shape and has a flight case and matching 4x12 cab.
Well Thank you for including it.

Dont know the legality, and it would probably go against a Fractal Ideal, but imagine if you made a "Tone master" style ACTUAL AMP and cab, modeled on you 150k Dumble. ...

Either way! Incredible selection in the FM3 and Fractals Clearly!!!!

I usually prefer anything that says FAS in front of it...

Thanks guys truly incredible replies. Great forum this is...
What I have learned from my exposure to these great amp models is that price alone does not indicate performance. For any given product that has "collectibles" you're really just paying for the availability (supply) as compared to the perceived (and I stress "perceived") desirability.

Case in point for me personally is the ODS. It's a great amp (model), but I've found others which I would choose over it (and they are about $147,000 cheaper :p ).

Last edited:
price alone does not indicate performance
!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!

The ODS, no, I'd never want one because it's overhyped and EVERYTHING I've read about it is they were highly customized for the original owner. When Howard Dumble died the ability to get one customized later by the elf in that factory disappeared.

I love the different ODS models and cloned models in the Fractal lineup. They're more than good enough for me, and I seriously doubt anyone listening would ever be able to tell it was a Dumble clone of any sort, it'd just be a great sounding amp to the vast majority of people listening.

For any given product that has "collectibles" you're really just paying for the availability (supply) as compared to the perceived (and I stress "perceived") desirability.
Like a certain to-be-unnamed-drive. A friend of mine paid an ungodly amount for his, and I can't hear anything special about it, especially nothing I'd be willing to spend money on.

Back
Top Bottom