Most Dynamic Amp?

Mincer

Inspired
OK, keeping the discussion to classic rock (and just beyond) levels of gain, which of the amp models are the most dynamic using just the volume knob. I am still digging the Dirty Shirley for this, and occasionally the JTM45. What else should I put on my list to try? It could be a more modern amp with the preamp gain down, too...I don't care. But I want some dynamics (and of course a decent clean sound) with the volume turned down to 3 or so.

The Nuclear Tone, based on the Swart AST. It has been a favorite model of mine from day one, great cleans and edge of breakup tones to classic rock tones when cranked. Very dynamic, reacts well when rolling of the guitar volume control. Sleeper of an amp IMO, the name seems to cause users to think it's a metal amp but is more in the Fender Deluxe, Tweed and Plexi category.

Thank you for these. You know, sometimes when you haven't had the chance to play the actual amps, you don't know where to start other than reading descriptions. These will keep me busy for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom