B.B. King sound based on LabSeries L5 Preamp

TheRedDevil

Inspired
Since a LabSeries L5 amp for AXE FX III is not in sight, I set about using my LabSeries L5 preamp with the settings from B.B. King based on a Friedman BE V1. I think I achieved 85% of the sound and character of the L5, 95% with TMA. I used Legacy 70 as IR/Cab (4x12 BEATLE GB). Possibly there is a better one but I love it!

Play with the guitar volume pots, B.B. mainly used the treble bridge pot, switch on both PUs.

I used the following stettings
B.B.King_LabSeriesL5.jpg

LabSeries5 Preamp B.B. King.jpg

Remarks: I used a Rocktile Pro HB100-SB ES335 incl. Gibson 490T/R for the test, both tone pots on 10, neck volume pots on 10, bridge volume pot 1-10. Input 1 Level in I/O settings on 15%. Both PUs on low frame/pickguard height - Gain Enhancer needed. I/O Input 1 Gain 1. I play on bedroom volume level. My rig: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-your-axe-fx-iii-rigs-here.136754/post-2475487 my EQs for F12/F12M speakers https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...on-1991-sound-with-axe-fx.199104/post-2478670
I also compared the sound with my Gibson Lucille, it's the same.

Attachments

• B.B.King LabSeries5 TRD v4.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
To simulate the low input switch (for low output pickups) use the Preamp Boost "Neutral" +12db, but I always saw images of B.B.s amp with active high input switch (for high output pickups) with no preamp boost.

Last edited:
But it looks like B.B. changed the settings a bit sometimes - bass, multifilter - but compare both images in the article, upper image multifilter is the same like in my first post image, but not in article lower image. Possibly he changed the bass because of lower volume and other mic.
463922a58c0f074d777944327d4475af.jpg

Last edited:
I reduced the pickup height to frame/pickguard height and added Gain Enhancer to support BBs high volume of his amp. Try to set the pickups that the guitar sound sings. That's it! Refer to new preset and remarks. BB is coming home - just compare - what a fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom