Most Axe-Change Presets won't Load on my Axe-FX 2 XL 15.05 FW

Tones2

Experienced
I'm having issues loading most any presets downloaded from Axe-Change (or anywhere) to by Axe FX2 XL runing FW 15.03. I'm trying to import them through Axe Edit 3.0.12 under Wibndows 8 (most recent). This used to work perfectly but suddenly has stopped. My Axe Edit connects to the XL with no issues and I can edit presets. But with many of the preset downloads, when I import them into Axe Edit I get a blank screen.

Note that I'm only trying to load patches that are from firmwhere 15.x and made for Axe FX 2 or XL. Some actually WILL load, but most won't. For instance, the patch with ID #2600 (FAS Petruci Mix) loads perfectly whereas patch ID #2615 (Power 80's) will NOT load. There are both marked as Axe FX 2, 15.x, No tone match, both made for a Direct setup and they are actually by the SAME author and posted within days of each other. This is just one example of many.

Could I be doing something wrong? Is this a FW 15.03 or Axe Edit 3.0.12 bug of some kind? Note that I have not switched yet to 15.06 because I am waiting for Axe Edit support.

And help on this would be greatly apreciated!!

Last edited:
Wait you said you are on 15.05. Editor support is the same for 15.05 and 15.06. 15.06 was just bug fixes. Passive eq was added in 15.05.

oh wait - I'm on 15.03 not 15.06. Sorry. I am waiting for the new Axe Edit to upgrade. Was there a 15.04 that works with the current Axe Edit?

You must of missed the part where he say I have not switched yet to 15.06 because there is no editor support:)

Hehe. I noticed, but .06 was just a bug fix.

I see he is on 15.03 though. I think i am to. Will try to do the ug in the weekend. Since 15.03 i have just played actually. No tweaking. Just a new custom tele :D

Back
Top Bottom