Wish More midi control in the midi block

ConstantM

Inspired
Would be nice if there were more ways to send midi commands from the midi block other than by changing scenes. Like through an fc6/12 switch or by assigning a controller like a control switch or a stand in switch to a value in the midi block.

I have been using a Liquid Foot midi controller since I purchased my first Fractal device - An Axe FX II in 2012. I love the versatility of the controller and do not think there is another pedal that comes close the the flexibility and features. Not even the venerable RJM line can do what the liquid foot can do.

However, the owner of the pedal has disappeared for about 4 years now. It's obvious that when my pedals stop working, I will need another solution.

I would like to get a Fractal FC but I need to be able to send midi messages to my other rack pedals. The midi block can send PC and CC changes, but only 8 per scene.

My liquid foot could be replaced by the Fractal Midi Block with just a few modifications:
1) all standard midi commands with values and ranges - midi note, CC, PC.
2) a sysex directory that can save 1000 sysex and chain a header sysex to multiple tail sysex messages for very long messages - a link of multiple messages. There are some sysex that begin with the same 12 numbers, but differ in the last 20. So, with linking, you can create one sysex of the initial 12 characters, then create 50 of the other messages that have different 20 characters, and then link them for you can get the 50 super long messages.
3) 60 commands per scene instead of 8, for all standard midi commands and recalling/triggering sysex from the sysex directory.
4) Expression Pedal assigns for Midi channel, CC control and sweep range
5) Midi pause command with timing setting - sometimes helpful when so many midi messages are being set, to give the devices time to digest the messages. (I'd also get a midi split filter to help lessen the traffic each device is listening for)

Back
Top Bottom