More immediacy?

L

luke

Do any of the parameters, other than the SAG control, assist in creating a greater sense of immediacy? I want the sound to feel as though it is jumping out more than I have been able to find in the III.

Have you tried it before giving the suggestion a 'no'? :p

I have. I am still running my II as my live rig and trying to get my III setup. At the exact same volume, the II has more pop. Of course some parameters have been eliminated along the way, so I cannot comment if those would be the ones I am seeking to adjust.

I have. I am still running my II as my live rig and trying to get my III setup. At the exact same volume, the II has more pop. Of course some parameters have been eliminated along the way, so I cannot comment if those would be the ones I am seeking to adjust.

What are you running the III into?

How much are you holding constant in your tests with the III so far? Like, are you using the same IRs as on your II?

Try cut some low end before the distortion (before amp or drive pedal). When you have too much distortion on lower frequencies, you get mud and less definition (mud).

Try cut some low end before the distortion (before amp or drive pedal). When you have too much distortion on lower frequencies, you get mud and less definition (mud).
There's a simple HP input filter on amp and drive blocks that works for that if you want to save blocks.

A mixer that both the II & III enter before going to to a pair of CLRs. EVERYTHING is identical, except the immediacy.

To demonstrate there's an actual difference in latency between the two, run both signals into different inputs of an audio interface and record the output of each simultaneously to separate tracks, then zoom in and compare the starting position of both at the sample level.

Last edited:
To demonstrate there's an actual difference in latency between the two, run both signals into different inputs of an audio interface and record the output of each simultaneously to separate tracks, then zoom in and compare the starting position of each at the sample level.

I do not have an interface or a recorder.

Back
Top Bottom