More HBE FW18 G3 Goodbye Elenore Toto Cover

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Last edited:
DAMN !

That's AWESOME .... I put this on YouTube too, but your vibrato is what really sets you appart when you're covering Luke ! AMAZING !

IMHO - Turn Back was a much overlooked album ! I lot of the songs on there feature some really, REALLY good guitar !

Keep it up, you're making me drool for v18 !

That's a "Hammer" sound - at 0:35 the feedback, did you do it with the pedal (Feetback Trick)? NIce to show your facial impressions again - i like it... you are to blame that I bought Axe FX II and black Indie LesPaul with a tremolo arm - it's just great gear.:lol

Tony

God I love that song

Me too!!!

One of my favourite Toto tunes and Luke solo too. Nicely played with your own spin on it.

Thanks guitvai!!

Amazing tone and playing. Please make that preset for us non xl peeps also.

I will do my best! It is almost the same as my Feedback preset I shared a week or two ago for the mkII.

Wonderful playing , great tone too;)

Thanks dpavel!!

DAMN !

That's AWESOME .... I put this on YouTube too, but your vibrato is what really sets you appart when you're covering Luke ! AMAZING !

IMHO - Turn Back was a much overlooked album ! I lot of the songs on there feature some really, REALLY good guitar !

Keep it up, you're making me drool for v18 !

Thanks Roger, I'd love to see your version....link? I loved Turn Back!

That's a "Hammer" sound - at 0:35 the feedback, did you do it with the pedal (Feetback Trick)? NIce to show your facial impressions again - i like it... you are to blame that I bought Axe FX II and black Indie LesPaul with a tremolo arm - it's just great gear.:lol

Tony

Thanks Tony! Yes feedback trick at 2:32 was using a comp and pitch block with the mix being controlled by the EV1 expression pedal.

Mark

Last edited:
Gosh! That's easily the best clip of FW18 I've heard yet!! I was grinning from ear to ear the second I heard that guitar! Wow, thanks Mark!

Was that DI into your iPhone again? I see some mic'd up cabs in the background.

Gosh! That's easily the best clip of FW18 I've heard yet!! I was grinning from ear to ear the second I heard that guitar! Wow, thanks Mark!

Was that DI into your iPhone again? I see some mic'd up cabs in the background.

Thanks chucma!! It was not direct into the iPhone this time. I went direct from the Axe-Fx XL into my Roland Octa-Capture and to Logic Pro X (no mics). I used an iPhone 6 and two GoPro Hero 3+ cameras for the video then all into Final Cut X.

Mark

Excellent as usual Mark, it's easy to understand why you are the 'Artist-in-Residence'!

Love your tremolo technique and the feedback trick sounds great.

One of your best videos. Phenomenal playing and touch. How in the hell do you memorize ALL those notes?! :)

(Dare I say I think I like this better then the original)

Excellent as usual Mark, it's easy to understand why you are the 'Artist-in-Residence'!

Love your tremolo technique and the feedback trick sounds great.

You guys are way too kind, thanks a million!!

And your sound is fat as hell, i've listen to that clip several times now.

I don't know, how much psychoacoustic is involved but in my ears this chirpy thingy is there and i also like how the notes breaking up.

Sorry english is not my native language, i hope this makes sense anyhow :)

And your sound is fat as hell, i've listen to that clip several times now.

I don't know, how much psychoacoustic is involved but in my ears this chirpy thingy is there and i also like how the notes breaking up.

Sorry english is not my native language, i hope this makes sense anyhow :)

Thanks and your English sounds great to me :)

You are FAS's No. 1 Ambassador Mark. As usual, amazing tone and chops! Thanks for providing us with quality entertainment!

To this day, your multiple HBE presets are still go to for me! Thank you!

You are FAS's No. 1 Ambassador Mark. As usual, amazing tone and chops! Thanks for providing us with quality entertainment!

To this day, your multiple HBE presets are still go to for me! Thank you!

Thanks Duke!! Your comments are much appreciated.

That tone is to die for! I think you'll have a hard time convincing people those 4x12s behind you weren't responsible for all that thick and chewy goodness!

That tone is to die for! I think you'll have a hard time convincing people those 4x12s behind you weren't responsible for all that thick and chewy goodness!

Thanks Ian. I'd like to think that the HBE in FW18 is four 4x12's inspired :) lol

Sounds awesome your vid's were the reason I bought the axe and your patches keep me excited about the axe-fx. Would love to hear some of your clean sounds!

Back
Top Bottom