More FX8 fun. Into the front of a clean Marshall

Wonderful playing, explaining and demoing by Larry (as always). Don't want to derail the thread, but I have a qick question about the looper. On the Axe or FX, how do you set it up so that you loop a clean chorus sound and then switch to an overdrive to solo over? Whenever I tried that, the loop also changes to the overdrive. I've never really tried using the looper, but that feature peaked my interest. If you know, please PM me with an answer.

You should be able to do what you describe by putting your looper after the amp or drive block, at the end of the grid. Record the loop, then turn on the drive for your solo. Or he may be changing scenes to get more gain from the amp.

I run my looper always last so it's not effected by any changes in effects. So can loop a clean part then change scenes or presets and solo over it or keep adding other parts on top. ;0)

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a go. I just realized that I never actually used the Axe looper, but was always using my M13 (soon to be replaced with a FX8) which I have going into the front of the Axe. Of course, I now realize using it that way, I couldn't change the sound of the Axe (a big D'oh on that one). I'll try using a looper block now.

Hey that's what life is about right ? Having those moments of (%^#%^ now I got it). Being able to look at some you've seen over and over And seeing something different. A new way to view the old.
If you want to use the looped in the Axe Fx And change presets. You have to put a looper Block with the same settings in all of the patches you plan on using. As in (at the end of your clean patch) as well as the end of your lead patch with the Same settings (say stereo undo) in both presets And it will keep going when you switch. On the FX8 there is a global position for the looper and its there one in every patch, the looper doesn't take up a block either. :0) I'm looking forward to digging into the looper these next few days.

If you want to keeping using your M13 for looping . Just put it either I the fx loop of your axe fx And make the FX Loop block last in your presets Or put it after the whole Axe Fx. ;o)

Last edited:
Wow please excuse the spelling and bad auto correct words in the post above!! I'm typing on a tiny Phone And it seems now, auto correct goes back and changes parts of and whole sentences!!!!

I'll try to erase and replace it or edit it when finish this long drive.

Play on

Knew way to view the old.
If you want to keeping using your M13 for looping . Just put it either I the fxloop of your axe fx Abd make the loop last. Or put it after the whole Axe Fx. ;o)

Larry - I'm starting to smoke that you thinked too much that of....

:mrgreen

Great playing man, if I could afford the FX8 right now I'd snag one!! Thanks for helping make the FAS product line better!

Awesome demo Larry! Man, hearing how the FX8 works straight into a clean channel is an eye opener. Even the drives sound super nice! Makes me wish I still had a half stack in a way!

Larry ...next time you do a vid can you turn on some light so we can see your pretty face.....LOL ....now a question did you use a rack mount tech 21 sans amp?....I use a BMAX through a Quilter tone block 200 with great results...thanks..

Scented meat, that was a filter block I think set to envelope and added a ring mod at one point for the nastiness. I'll post the settings. Same as I do in the axe fx XL. Later in the video I used the wah block set to Clyde stock settings I think. :0)

Cyberk9. Thank you. I wish I had better lighting. I ordered some lighting and just got an email that they area back ordered! I'm not sure what BMax is unless you mean the bass pre amp? Interesting.

I these videos in thei thread I'm plugged into the front of a very old non master volume Mashall. Very clean unless you turn it up enough for your neighbors to come over with a shotgun. :0) (acually my neighbors co,e over and listen) but that Amp is loud. :0). I did a other video where I'm using a tech 21 character series analog amp modeller the Leeds (Highwatt) then into my studio set up. I also went to a couple of clubs and plugged into their PA system to try. Worked great.

Back
Top Bottom