More FX8 fun. Into the front of a clean Marshall

Hmmmm. I could at festivals where's theres back line but I like being able to run my acoustic guitars through the same rig live. That won't happen with electric guitar amps. ;0) I have used this live now with an amp and also with a tech 21 sans amp direct. Both with great results. It's not a substitute for my axe fx. But it's pretty killer. I will definitely fly with this over the axe fx I think seeing how (did I mention it fits in a laptop bag)? And hour the airlines have Lost or misplaced my bags ace fx. Completely lost an MFC. So getting on a plane with this and one guitar should be a lot easier. Even if I where to take my axe fx XL and check it in a good solid case. I'd feel better knowing I was getting off the place with this. :0)

I just noticed the switches seem fairly loud. Are these the same 'silent' switches as the in the newest MFC-101?

Perhaps the camera mic is exaggerating the sound of the switches, like an auto-gain function that ramps up volume, so they seem louder than they really are?

Sounded awesome thanks for posting Larry.

Cliff is it possible to setup a boost for solo's in the FX-8? I usually have a Line Driver or boost of some sort in the FX loop of my Boogie Mark V 25 to do this. It would definitely be something that would come in handy and save pedalboard space.

Many thanks

Paul

hi guys. Thank you for the kind words. Thus pedal is really great. The same effects as the axe fx. Just 8 at a time though. It's set up best for scenes which I use it not majorly. I just really getting used to this live now. Just drove to Tallahasee to sit in with some friends. Thus is all I have with me. Glad I sat in with friends last night an re thought my scenes set up. ;0)

Wonderful playing, explaining and demoing by Larry (as always). Don't want to derail the thread, but I have a qick question about the looper. On the Axe or FX, how do you set it up so that you loop a clean chorus sound and then switch to an overdrive to solo over? Whenever I tried that, the loop also changes to the overdrive. I've never really tried using the looper, but that feature peaked my interest. If you know, please PM me with an answer.

Back
Top Bottom