FM9 More fractal jazz tones

jzucker

Experienced
Bye Bye Blackbird jam, Ibanez GB10 with vintage vibe pickup, Fractal FM9

Just a little jam and demo of the GB10 which has become probably my favorite guitar. So easy and comfortable to play.

And the fractal FM9 is just heaven for me. I've never been so happy with an in-the-room or recorded sound. I'm using a fender princeton amp model with a medium spring reverb. The fractal spring is the best I've heard. Blows away any other digital spring reverb I've ever tried.

I tried to keep dodecaphonics to a minimum here, lol.

Feel free to HMU if you want private lessons....

#sheetsofsound
#jazzguitarlessons #guitarlessons
#jazzguitar #modernjazzguitar #jazzguitarriffs
#IbanezArchtop #ibanezGB10 #dodecaphonics #altereddominant

Just a little jam and demo of the GB10 which has become probably my favorite guitar. So easy and comfortable to play.

And the fractal FM9 is just heaven for me. I've never been so happy with an in-the-room or recorded sound. I'm using a fender princeton amp model with a medium spring reverb. The fractal spring is the best I've heard. Blows away any other digital spring reverb I've ever tried.

#sheetsofsound

Can't listen to this right now, but I'm curious, it sounds like you prefer spring reverb to more "natural" reverberation, or a studio-style plate for instance.

Did I hear that right? Any particular reasons, or just your gut?

Can't listen to this right now, but I'm curious, it sounds like you prefer spring reverb to more "natural" reverberation, or a studio-style plate for instance.

yes, you heard that right. I wouldn't say I prefer it just as I don't prefer a 175 to a Strat. It's just a tool. Guys my age grew up on fender amps and the sound of fender amps and spring reverb is such a classic. In the preset I used for this, I have another scene which has a vibroverb and plate reverb but many times, I just come back to this sound because it not only evokes my childhood but all of my guitar heros.

For overdriven tones, I almost always use plate reverb unless I'm doing something rootsy or bluesy ala SRV...

First of all, @jzucker, it does sound great. Thanks!

@Dave Merrill, spring is so much "the sound" for many... With my straight ahead patches I'll often run a spring and plate or otherwise. The spring captures "the sound," and the "plate or otherwise" places the sound in a space.

Cheers all,
D

#sheetsofsound

Which Princeton model is it, what cab?

Back
Top Bottom