More drive blocks

Do you want more drive blocks?

• Total voters
Muris_Varajic said:
warse22 said:
Big +1!

My analog board has a modded TS, Xotic BB, Screwdriver, Keeley BD-2, Durham Sex Drive and I use an RC Booster as an EQ/pickup booster. In the meantime, the only solution is to run other pedals through the FX loop.

I think 4 should be the minimum!!!

4 at once?!?!

Man, that's some heavy stuff. :D

Well, not maybe not all at once...but it's nice to have options :)

gsegal said:
... I would like to use one block for a boost and combine some drives like some people are doing.
You can use a filter set to null (or another eq option) to boost the signal.

gsegal said:
Also, I would like to experiment with adding a drive block to only an effect such as reverb, delays,flangers, synths or whatever.
Delay has it's own drive, now. If Cliff will add a drive to leslie emulation, I'll be happy. :mrgreen:

Obviously, a separate couple of drive istance would be more flex-able... :lol:

Smilzo said:
gsegal said:
... I would like to use one block for a boost and combine some drives like some people are doing.
You can use a filter set to null (or another eq option) to boost the signal.

this is different than using the FET boost in conjunction with 2 other drive pedals

I also ask for at least one more drive block (better 2 more) and let me explain why:

I usually use one preset each song, basically because I hear a sort of "click" when I swap between Program Changes (I use Rocktron All Access), small issue but it is not nice.

And since in many songs I need more than 2 drive combinations (intro, verse, solo, etc.) having more drive blocks I could change drive combinations through Control changes in the same preset.

It would be nice; atm I use sysex programming to be able to change drive model within the same preset. It's a bit of a pain to program, but it works OK.

alethefly said:
I usually use one preset each song, basically because I hear a sort of "click" when I swap between Program Changes (I use Rocktron All Access), small issue but it is not nice.

I didn't understand that, what kind of click?
Sorry for off topic guys.

Muris_Varajic said:
alethefly said:

Let me explain better: my presets are often very rich of effects, I use a lot of delays and shimmers. If I simply add/remove one Overdrive inside the same patch (through CC) everything goes OK, the spill-overs works perfectly.
But if I make 2 patches with the same delays/pitch-shift/etc. except one Overdive, swapping between the two patches is not exactly the same, probabily the Axe Fx has to load fully the new patch and this creates a sort of discontinuity in the sound processing.

alethefly said:
Muris_Varajic said:
alethefly said:

Let me explain better: my presets are often very rich of effects, I use a lot of delays and shimmers. If I simply add/remove one Overdrive inside the same patch (through CC) everything goes OK, the spill-overs works perfectly.
But if I make 2 patches with the same delays/pitch-shift/etc. except one Overdive, swapping between the two patches is not exactly the same, probabily the Axe Fx has to load fully the new patch and this creates a sort of discontinuity in the sound processing.

Honestly I never noticed that and I do use few presets which are the same
with variations like no delay, more delay etc.
But I never payed attention if there's a "click" so everything is possible,
if you hear it then do it your way. :)

alethefly said:
Muris_Varajic said:
alethefly said:

What FW are you running? Since the last update Cliff did to the patch switching, the dropout between patches is nearly gone. I used to try to stay in one patch as well until that last update. The change is so smooth now that I hardly notice.

D

I'm having the same problem.

In an EJ/Hendrix inspired preset I'd like to have:

Treble Booster
Fuzz
Octavia dist
Tube driver
Tape drive (as others do, I find it gives a cooler flavor then the drive on the delay block - tweaklable?)

Could easily run out of drive blocks trying to use octavia + fuzz + tape drive. Yeah, the improvement of the drive in the delay block would be a way to solve it, but I also would like more blocks, not only because I could also fit a booster in there, but to also keep things tight and organized.

Why is there a limit for the number of each block anyway? Coudn't it be limited only by the processing capability? I mean, let me have 10 drive blocks and 20 delays in the same preset, why not? As long as it doesn't drop out on me it's cool.

Tito83 said:
Why is there a limit for the number of each block anyway? Coudn't it be limited only by the processing capability? I mean, let me have 10 drive blocks and 20 delays in the same preset, why not? As long as it doesn't drop out on me it's cool.

Now that's interesting, would be nice to have an answer on that.

Muris_Varajic said:
Tito83 said:

Now that's interesting, would be nice to have an answer on that.

Because it's easier and faster (less resource and code needed). Think about global controller... now Axefx know the max used memory to store parameters and value. If you want it dynamic, axefx would use memory depending on the number (unknown) of block. That would grab memory from firmware? From delay line?

This is only one reason, there could be a lot of structure/algo based upon this choice.

Now you know that increase drive block from 2 to 4 it's doable but not as easy as it seems! ;) :mrgreen:

I don´t know, but I would like to have no limits with the number of each block, of course that I know that there has to be a limit because the memory, but I think that the actual memory allows more tan two drives or two simple delays blocks, and there are people that only use one amp block, one cab block and they want to use more than two drives, it would be great to have a custom rig with three or four drives, or three delays, but well, it´s just a thought.

I remember the publicity where says "No compromises, No artifacts, No excuses, Hear it, Feel it, Belive it", and I definitely belive than to have no limits with the number of each block can be possible, and it´s not going to hurt anybody, I would like to have this like an option.

I don't have a quote handy, but I'm pretty sure Cliff has already said that it's impossible due to the way the code and the memory work.

D

abey said:
I don´t know, but I would like to have no limits with the number of each block, of course that I know that there has to be a limit because the memory, but I think that the actual memory allows more tan two drives or two simple delays blocks, and there are people that only use one amp block, one cab block and they want to use more than two drives, it would be great to have a custom rig with three or four drives, or three delays, but well, it´s just a thought.

I remember the publicity where says "No compromises, No artifacts, No excuses, Hear it, Feel it, Belive it", and I definitely belive than to have no limits with the number of each block can be possible, and it´s not going to hurt anybody, I would like to have this like an option.

It's a tradeoff between patch switching time, memory consumption and coding complexity (UI handling, etc).

anyone hear any updates from cliff about this? it would be great to have 1 more drive block

Back
Top Bottom