More drive blocks

Do you want more drive blocks?

• Total voters
Yes!

Last time I checked I had 5 drive pedals on my analog pedalboard. I like to have a whole buffet of different overdrive flavors at my disposal. :D

But now you've got some 50 amps to choose from... And 384 presets to program them in...

Dutch said:
But now you've got some 50 amps to choose from... And 384 presets to program them in...

It's not the same thing. I work with a few presets, and use a pedalboard setup. I don't want to have double presets, just because I have to use another set of OD pedals in the second one.

The problem with 2 istances of drive is that they are useful for refinish the sound warming up tone, or simulate a driven spring reverb... so you had no istances left to drive an amp!

I think that Java :)?: ) idea of "advance drive" with 2 more istances is a winner... one could use the basic drive for refinishing purpouse, the advance one to drive the amps. The advance need less model, as they are tweakable... :ugeek:

Smilzo said:
The problem with 2 istances of drive is that they are useful for refinish the sound warming up tone, or simulate a driven spring reverb... so you had no istances left to drive an amp!

I think that Java :)?: ) idea of "advance drive" with 2 more istances is a winner... one could use the basic drive for refinishing purpouse, the advance one to drive the amps. The advance need less model, as they are tweakable... :ugeek:

That was scarr's idea.

+1
Two more drive blocks with stereo ability + a few advanced/custom options (starve/eq ) and i'm in sonic heaven !

Yesterday I was trying to capture Gilmour 1973 setup.
Today Cliff improve drive block, add a tonebender... but i feel short of drive!

Gilmour Darkside setup

Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
Colorsound Power Boost
Univox Uni Vibe
Dunlop Cry Baby
Binson Echo Rec

The delay block calls for some drive (tape drive).

Add to these an hiwatt, a south(?) 4x12, and a leslie for the Animals setup.

Total: 3 drive pedal.

For the Wall's setup, it is required 1 more drive pedal (fuzz).

As soon as I match with the original track, I will post my patches.

Smilzo said:
Yesterday I was trying to capture Gilmour 1973 setup.
Today Cliff improve drive block, add a tonebender... but i feel short of drive!

Gilmour Darkside setup

Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
Colorsound Power Boost
Univox Uni Vibe
Dunlop Cry Baby
Binson Echo Rec

The delay block calls for some drive (tape drive).

Add to these an hiwatt, a south(?) 4x12, and a leslie for the Animals setup.

Total: 3 drive pedal.

For the Wall's setup, it is required 1 more drive pedal (fuzz).

As soon as I match with the original track, I will post my patches.

The drive in the delay is the same as the tape dist.

tonygtr said:
The drive in the delay is the same as the tape dist.

Yesterday I try and retry with every setting. The result is different, it seems the drive block is smoother. Probably because the drive block affect both dry and wet, whilst the drive delay affect only wet.

I try to raise the drive on hiwatt emulation, but it's a "more open" distortion. Incidentally that drive block seems to add a good "warm sustained" feel in Gilmour tone. :?

I will try the new v8 drive. :ugeek:

I think a better request would be to have an option for the drive in the delay block effect both the wet and dry signal.

Some people use a TS in conjunction with a Fuzz, or 2 different distortion pedals together. Having 4 drive blocks available would make it possible to do such things in true stereo.

chase said:
I don't think Gilmour uses all the drive pedals at the same time.
He often use two pedal. One as pure distortion, another to slam the next pedal in chain. Call it booster, overdrive... anyway, it add a lot of character

javajunkie said:
I think a better request would be to have an option for the drive in the delay block effect both the wet and dry signal.
I was thinking about it. See you in wish list!! :mrgreen:

Big +1!

My analog board has a modded TS, Xotic BB, Screwdriver, Keeley BD-2, Durham Sex Drive and I use an RC Booster as an EQ/pickup booster. In the meantime, the only solution is to run other pedals through the FX loop.

I think 4 should be the minimum!!!

+1 on adding at least 1 more drive block. i had a barber small fry and direct drive on my pedalboard and the only way to get close to those pedals is to stack od pedals. i would like to have a fet boost on all of my patches in addition to 2 other drive blocks. i also hoping that we get some more boutique od pedals like these: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14664

warse22 said:
Big +1!

My analog board has a modded TS, Xotic BB, Screwdriver, Keeley BD-2, Durham Sex Drive and I use an RC Booster as an EQ/pickup booster. In the meantime, the only solution is to run other pedals through the FX loop.

I think 4 should be the minimum!!!

4 at once?!?!

Man, that's some heavy stuff. :D

I think an extra drive block or two would be great. I am currently using the axe as an effects unit, so I'm not using the amp sims or cab sims. I would like to use one block for a boost and combine some drives like some people are doing. Also, I would like to experiment with adding a drive block to only an effect such as reverb, delays,flangers, synths or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom