More Communication Difficulties with Liquid Foot?

mirrored1ne

Starting in early August, I, too, have periodically sent emails to jminushk@yahoo.com, posted pm's at the liquid-foot setbb, and posted pm's here. I've also tried using several different originating email addresses to get through any spam filters.

Two months ago, I thought I had ordered a unit via the ordering process on liquid-foot.com, but was told that there wasn't any indication of that, so I tried ordering again, and was then told that I was "on the list," whatever that means.

Then, after someone posts publicly (like I am doing here now), there are apologies, and more "didn't receive your email" responses, followed by owners/defenders who say that they DO get good responsiveness.

I admit I am baffled by this continuing cycle. If I were trying to sell a product, I think I'd try hard to provide real details about product availability and individual order status, and would also try to find out why multiple people regularly don't seem to be able to communicate reliably. Perhaps new orders for products are being missed, too.

But that's just me.

I think a good model of how to do it right is Fractal Audio's responsiveness.

At this time, I don't know for sure if there is a product that's being shipped, or if I have actually ordered one, or if I'm just on a list, or if I'm supposed to send money and then wait some more, or what.

Clearer communication would be good.

stevem

On Oct 15, 2008, at 3:07 AM, stevem wrote:

sent again

On Oct 14, 2008, at 5:06 AM, stevem wrote:

Also, I saw a message from you that gave an indication that you might be coming out with a smaller unit that fits in a 19 inch rack drawer.

Is that accurate?

If so, when is that expected, and what is changed on it?

Thanks,

stevem

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:58 AM, maps2me wrote:

Well, it's now been another month since your last PM email to me on your board, and over 2 months since I first requested one of your units and you indicated I was on the list (see below email strings.)

I also see on the Fractal Audio board that others seem to continue to have concerns about apparent lack of responsiveness.

I thought I was being extremely patient, but maybe I'm just being ignored.

When can I expect to my unit to really be ready for shipping?

Thanks,

steve m

++++++++++++++++++++

U2JustMe
Post subject: Re: Liquid Foot? In Business?
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

Unfortunately I had not received an email from you. I respond usually the same day even during travels, but always by the second day. If not- its safe to say I did not get it. I will check my SPAM filter guys.

A couple of other people have had this issue for some reason as well. Everyone is welcome to email me atjminushk@yahoo.com if you don't want to use the liquidfoot.setbb.com forum PM. Your call.

I can tell you that anyone who owns a Liquid-foot is able to send and receive emails and should be happy with support.

Another 8 units were shipped out today. Trying to catch up on the back-orders now that limited quantities of a certain part have been shipped to me from the factory. Building as many as I can given the quantity of switches that come in. Also trying to get international shipping items worked out-- its not been my favorite part! almost got kinks figured out on that front.

thanks. Hope all the AXE-FX users are enjoying their liquid-foots. Appreciate the support!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: MY PRODUCTION UNIT ARRIVED
Sent at: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm
by U2JustMe

We are awaiting the date from the factory for the switches. Carling Switch Co. is making them for me. I should have a ship date no later then Monday- I can then report back. thanks for your patience I appreciate it.

Due to the demand on the liquid-foot, I had bought the entire US inventory of this part... and used them all!

JM

Sent at: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 am
by mirrored1ne

It's now been over 3 weeks since you emailed me that I was on the ordering list for the $599 early introduction pricing. Can you please provide a status of when I might expect these to be ready for shipment?

Thanks,

steve m

Atlanta, GA

Sent at: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 pm
by U2JustMe

Steve-- Have you on the list. got you covered. thanks.

mirrored1ne said:
Starting in early August, I, too, have periodically sent emails to jminushk@yahoo.com, posted pm's at the liquid-foot setbb, and posted pm's here. I've also tried using several different originating email addresses to get through any spam filters.

Two months ago, I thought I had ordered a unit via the ordering process on liquid-foot.com, but was told that there wasn't any indication of that, so I tried ordering again, and was then told that I was "on the list," whatever that means.

Then, after someone posts publicly (like I am doing here now), there are apologies, and more "didn't receive your email" responses, followed by owners/defenders who say that they DO get good responsiveness.

I admit I am baffled by this continuing cycle. If I were trying to sell a product, I think I'd try hard to provide real details about product availability and individual order status, and would also try to find out why multiple people regularly don't seem to be able to communicate reliably. Perhaps new orders for products are being missed, too.

But that's just me.

I think a good model of how to do it right is Fractal Audio's responsiveness.

At this time, I don't know for sure if there is a product that's being shipped, or if I have actually ordered one, or if I'm just on a list, or if I'm supposed to send money and then wait some more, or what.

Clearer communication would be good.

stevem

On Oct 15, 2008, at 3:07 AM, stevem wrote:

sent again

On Oct 14, 2008, at 5:06 AM, stevem wrote:

Also, I saw a message from you that gave an indication that you might be coming out with a smaller unit that fits in a 19 inch rack drawer.

Is that accurate?

If so, when is that expected, and what is changed on it?

Thanks,

stevem

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:58 AM, maps2me wrote:

Well, it's now been another month since your last PM email to me on your board, and over 2 months since I first requested one of your units and you indicated I was on the list (see below email strings.)

I also see on the Fractal Audio board that others seem to continue to have concerns about apparent lack of responsiveness.

I thought I was being extremely patient, but maybe I'm just being ignored.

When can I expect to my unit to really be ready for shipping?

Thanks,

steve m

++++++++++++++++++++

U2JustMe
Post subject: Re: Liquid Foot? In Business?
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

Unfortunately I had not received an email from you. I respond usually the same day even during travels, but always by the second day. If not- its safe to say I did not get it. I will check my SPAM filter guys.

A couple of other people have had this issue for some reason as well. Everyone is welcome to email me atjminushk@yahoo.com if you don't want to use the liquidfoot.setbb.com forum PM. Your call.

I can tell you that anyone who owns a Liquid-foot is able to send and receive emails and should be happy with support.

Another 8 units were shipped out today. Trying to catch up on the back-orders now that limited quantities of a certain part have been shipped to me from the factory. Building as many as I can given the quantity of switches that come in. Also trying to get international shipping items worked out-- its not been my favorite part! almost got kinks figured out on that front.

thanks. Hope all the AXE-FX users are enjoying their liquid-foots. Appreciate the support!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sent at: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm
by U2JustMe

We are awaiting the date from the factory for the switches. Carling Switch Co. is making them for me. I should have a ship date no later then Monday- I can then report back. thanks for your patience I appreciate it.

Due to the demand on the liquid-foot, I had bought the entire US inventory of this part... and used them all!

JM

Sent at: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 am
by mirrored1ne

It's now been over 3 weeks since you emailed me that I was on the ordering list for the $599 early introduction pricing. Can you please provide a status of when I might expect these to be ready for shipment?

Thanks,

steve m

Atlanta, GA

Sent at: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 pm
by U2JustMe

Steve-- Have you on the list. got you covered. thanks.

The list was described on the ordering page. If you go to the liquid-foot forum you will see the info about the parts and shipping. You should really be posting about this stuff there, where it will do more good. Jeff looks there more than here.

I just ordered mine..should be shipping soon.

I think the value vs. communication things is no contest.

For what you get, a delay in response is nothing.

steve

your experience & reply is almost verbatim to mine.

I think that email reply is a boilerplate reply.

not trying to make a flame-fest here, but Jim needs to realize even if its a better product the lack of pre-sales support and communication will cause guys like me and steve to choose another product.

it like if you don't have the time before I buy, what makes me think you have the time after. also the inconsistencies in pricing anf ordering have been frustrating. I too thought I ordered a 599 unit and now its 699.

It seems like he has a dynamite product but doesn't have enough time or sales to make it a real business. If the buyer is cool with that this is a side venture and not a main business, cool, but make that clear to the buyer.

I want one and I try to hang in there, hopefully being able to still get mine at the original price.

lastly a 19 inch version would be great

My understanding was that LiquidFoot was working on this project is his spare time. I believe it started as a person project for his own enjoyment / entertainment. If I remember right he only offered this as a product to the public based on overwhelming response / feedback for members of this forum.

Give the guy a break, he's not looking as this as a full-time career. This is a cottage industry. The upside is that you get unbelievable value and a truly unique product. The down-side is that you have to accept that LiquidFoot is a real person, providing for his family by working a real job and pursuing this effort as a side project.

If you are interested in his offering, follow the instructions on his site. If you want to contact him - do so through his site. If you don't like the response time / customer service then go to a big box store and buy some POS off the shelf. What is there to gain by trashing the guy or his efforts here?

Also, he has his own forum. use it. He is WAY more likely to see it there. If you guys had posted there, your questions would probably already be answered.

http://liquidfoot.setbb.com/forum.html

BTW, his name is Jeff.

I have sent several emails to him over the past couple of weeks and received prompt responses every time.

rmbaylin said:
steve

your experience & reply is almost verbatim to mine.

I think that email reply is a boilerplate reply.

not trying to make a flame-fest here, but Jim needs to realize even if its a better product the lack of pre-sales support and communication will cause guys like me and steve to choose another product.

it like if you don't have the time before I buy, what makes me think you have the time after. also the inconsistencies in pricing anf ordering have been frustrating. I too thought I ordered a 599 unit and now its 699.

It seems like he has a dynamite product but doesn't have enough time or sales to make it a real business. If the buyer is cool with that this is a side venture and not a main business, cool, but make that clear to the buyer.

I want one and I try to hang in there, hopefully being able to still get mine at the original price.

lastly a 19 inch version would be great

That reply was verbatim because Steve was quoting your post.

Mine is on the way. It's not Jeff I'm waiting on, It's the delivery van :twisted: ! Jeff has been super cool with me, and I'm looking forward to using this product. If you're on the list, he will let you know when you're number comes up.

creek_devil said:
Mine is on the way. It's not Jeff I'm waiting on, It's the delivery van :twisted: ! Jeff has been super cool with me, and I'm looking forward to using this product. If you're on the list, he will let you know when you're number comes up.

+1 Mine should be here in a few days as well !! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom