More “bloom” from palm mutes?

Try adjusting Negative Feedback and Depth... About Negative Feedback. Depth boosts the bass of the power section of the amp and increases with increasing Negative Feedback. For example, Depth is not a factor with Negative Feedback at 0.

How will a fractal Axe FX III effect palm mute swells if I increase the amp's power amp negative feedback and the depth?

ChatGPT - "Increasing the power amp negative feedback of your amp and the depth of the Fractal Axe FX III's effect should make the palm mute swells sound more pronounced and defined. The negative feedback helps to stabilize the amplifier's output, which can result in a tighter, more controlled sound. Increasing the depth of the effect will also increase the intensity of the palm mute swells, making them sound more dramatic. However, be aware that too much negative feedback can cause the amp to sound too controlled and clinical, while too much depth on the effect may make the swells sound overbearing and artificial. Experiment with these parameters to find the best balance for your particular setup and playing style."

Try adjusting Negative Feedback and Depth... About Negative Feedback. Depth boosts the bass of the power section of the amp and increases with increasing Negative Feedback. For example, Depth is not a factor with Negative Feedback at 0.

How will a fractal Axe FX III effect palm mute swells if I increase the amp's power amp negative feedback and the depth?

ChatGPT - "Increasing the power amp negative feedback of your amp and the depth of the Fractal Axe FX III's effect should make the palm mute swells sound more pronounced and defined. The negative feedback helps to stabilize the amplifier's output, which can result in a tighter, more controlled sound. Increasing the depth of the effect will also increase the intensity of the palm mute swells, making them sound more dramatic. However, be aware that too much negative feedback can cause the amp to sound too controlled and clinical, while too much depth on the effect may make the swells sound overbearing and artificial. Experiment with these parameters to find the best balance for your particular setup and playing style."
Very cool. I’ve messed with Negative Feedback but I always put it back to default for the Atomica, which if I recall correctly isn’t very high, offhand I think around 2? I keep depth around 4. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom