MOP full song all tones played live...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys!!! I am going to be playing at a 4th of July party with my Axe FX II. I'm getting started making some presets. I want some feedback on the tones I have created using the TMA block and pitch shifters and whatnot. There is one little harmony part that I need to turn up quite a bit. My playing is pretty bad IMO, I can play it much better actually. I was sitting down trying to stomp my LFP. Not to mention I have REALLY bad gas and kept having to lift up one cheek. Don't ya just LOVE TMI!!!???!!!?

I think the levels may need to be adjusted, but the tones sounds AMAZING!!! Thanx to Cliff & Co.

http://soundcloud.com/shotgunn-1/pom

Dude! You've been busy, eh? Glad you're back in action... sounds great... definitely NOT an easy song to play... especially with Hetfields' unrelenting down picking. My hand chokes right up if I try to play like that. The tones are smoking! Solo's sound wicked!

First time I heard this album I was 16 and it completely altered my musical life. It's what turned me into a true metal-head (which I proudly maintain to this day).

Man, you're awesome...

Makes me want to play this:

Here's what I mentioned in the other thread: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28651/mop_harmony.jpg

One B has D with it, another has D#. If you set Custom Scale 2 like Custom Scale 1 (assuming you used 1 for this) except with B = +4 instead of B = +3, this pitch & vol/pan routing should make that happen.

Attachments

• MOP Harmony Axe II.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 55
Dude! You've been busy, eh? Glad you're back in action... sounds great... definitely NOT an easy song to play... especially with Hetfields' unrelenting down picking. My hand chokes right up if I try to play like that. The tones are smoking! Solo's sound wicked!

First time I heard this album I was 16 and it completely altered my musical life. It's what turned me into a true metal-head (which I proudly maintain to this day).

Man, you're awesome...

Makes me want to play this:

I know what you mean about the right hand choking up. The night I recorded this I literally played the song in its entirety 12 or more times. With each passing time my right hand got more and more fatigued. I was building the tones during this time. My old band used to cover this song and my right would literally spasm. However, for the last 9 weeks I have been working out, eating healthy, beating the living piss out of my punching bag, and now actually playing my guitar again. Since those life changes I've actually been able to pull off the relentless downstrokes of Hetfield's playing.

Thanx for the compliments guys!!! I'll give the recording another shot. It should be better as long as its not on a day that I worked out my biceps or triceps. Lol!!!

I've got a to. Of other songs I'm going to cover for this party so I'll post some more tone match stuff.

holy crap that's tone match? wow nailed it.

Yeah man, I thought it was pretty stunning myself. No pat on the back to me of course. FAS gets all the credit!!! I had fun with James' solo. I used a fuzz drive in front of the MIIC+ with a bit crush of 10 or 12. I listened to his solo in solo and heard a sonic characteristic very similar to what I know to be the bit crush. Almost a gatng type effect. Once I got in the ballpark with the fuzz drive settings. Then the TMA. Lock did its magic.

One thing that sux is the I think I may have blown one of my Atomic's woofers. I tried cutting the bass to it and even with it very thinned out it still farts out. I may need a new woofer from Atomic.

Best Metallica song ever recorded IMHO. One of the first tones I tried to TM and as usual I end up kind of leaning towards how I want it to sound rather than nuts on accuracy. I mean outside of the mix its pretty ugly. :) But dammit you put it all together and its just epic.

Between this and Disposable Heroes my right arm will be smoked by the time I get worked up to speed. Hetfield is a machine.

Thanx dude!!! I'm going to do Disposable Heroes too.

Best Metallica song ever recorded IMHO. One of the first tones I tried to TM and as usual I end up kind of leaning towards how I want it to sound rather than nuts on accuracy. I mean outside of the mix its pretty ugly. :) But dammit you put it all together and its just epic.

Between this and Disposable Heroes my right arm will be smoked by the time I get worked up to speed. Hetfield is a machine.

Back
Top Bottom