MOONFLOOD: Kraken Lullaby

Thanks guys! 8stringguitarwizard: Like it or not, I'm lefty :D Bass, guitar..... same guy ;) I know it's not allowed, but sometimes, rules are made to be broken... LOL

Joke aside, glad you like it!

Is it just me or is the quality of stuff on here just amazingly high? This is seriously good.

I can't post any of my content because it's just not in the same league.

Btw I would love to hear some Sharon den Adel inspired vocals over this. And please sir can I have a wee bit more toms?

Dig! But sorry man, left-handed bassists aren't allowed. Heh. But f'reelz, very atmospheric. I like the drumming too. :) Great work.

**Wait, is everyone a lefty (except the harpist)?! That's WAYYY not allowed. Some expensive gitboxes therein if that's the case. ;)

The guitarist is also the bassist. They filmed both parts and cut between guitar and bass.

Oh yeah, you're the guy that did the 50 backing tracks for the racing car show, right? You're stuff sounds perfect. I'd just like to be able to get full, meaty, tracks that are still never muddy or floppy - you are a great musician, and an even greater engineer.

Awesome man - you are very talented.

Guys, thanks for your kind words, really appreciated.

Rodzimguitar68, yes I'm that guy, but it was 40 tracks ;-) lol

Fret, we'll for sure try some vocals later, we want to experiment different stuff... For toms... I'm not sure what you mean by more toms... You mean more upfront in the mix?

For toms... I'm not sure what you mean by more toms... You mean more upfront in the mix?

Around the 2min mark the toms feel like they aren't obvious enough (and maybe again under the guitar solo). So yes, more level might be better but you could probably achieve similar perceptual change with EQ and compression tweaks. It also may just be my personal preference. If the toms sound good then I like to feature them, different mixers will have their own preference. They do have a good base tone and the stereo separation is great :)

Ok I see what you mean. The thing is that this is my shitty drum kit and the toms are pretty dead, so it's hard to have them louder without being all over the place... It's already over-eq and squashed... Next time, we will have a real drum kit, better mics, so things should be easier to mix. (I hope...)

Thank for your comments, always good to hear different perspective.

Back
Top Bottom