Moogerfooger

Its a ring mod effect. There is one in AXE FX and its great. I used to have a Moogerfooger 102

Hi

Yes, I Know that there's a ringmod effect. I use it for already for pitchshifting (one octave below) and it sounds great.
But 'till now I do net get this weird sound like wayne krantz used it.

You can for sure get it to sound similar. Turn off tracking and you're almost there/ mix to 100%, and then play with the rest of the knobs to your taste

You can for sure get it to sound similar. Turn off tracking and you're almost there/ mix to 100%, and then play with the rest of the knobs to your taste

Hi pauliusmm

Turn off tracking is the key ! The rest is tweaking to taste.

thxs for your help

Have the same question for the MF-105 MURF. Gave it some tries in the "early years" but then definitely abondonned. With the time I'd say that something should be possible regarding the LFO & Envelope controls of the AXE. Maybe a challenge for Matt Picone or Simeon ?

Murf should be possible with the sequencer and a filter. Post a clip or two and I'll have a go.

just had a look at the murf on the moog site. it might be possible to do something similar using the two resonator blocks, but none of the parameters are available for modulation. the tricky bit would be figuring out how to control the level of each frequency band independently, which i'm not sure would be possible. there might be a workaround, but with none of the parameters available to modulate, it would be a no go. i'm going to put a wishlist item up for for it

Hi Simeon,
I do not have any recordings of my murf & I sold mine 2 years ago. You can hear it on a few tracks on Heather Nova's "Siren" Album. Nikolaj Juel, the guitarist on this album is quite an expert on mixing up Moog equipment with guitar stuff. He also did some great work with the Murf as a guitarist with Addict (album "Stones"), and is a great musician anyway ! Happened to see the guy on a rock festival in Evreux way back in 97, one of the rare players that manage to reproduce on a stage what they do in the studio.
Thanks anyway, but I was quite sure about your ''no go'' as, exactly as you describe, a few parameters are missing. Another way to approach the effect could be to use multiple envelope filters with different windows and starting delays and then combining them with some smooth wah. Hot stuff however !
Thanks anyway for your effort, I still had a little hope but for me a no go from simeon is close to : this really will not be possible...

well i listened to the sound clips and read all the info on the moog site, so i have a pretty good idea of how it works and sounds. i'm just thinking now how i might be able to make something that sounds similar, but works on different principles...stay tuned...

(at the risk of resurrecting a dead thread) - anyone made progress with this? I tried messing with the ringmod and only succeeding in making the dog unhappy.

well i listened to the sound clips and read all the info on the moog site, so i have a pretty good idea of how it works and sounds. i'm just thinking now how i might be able to make something that sounds similar, but works on different principles...stay tuned...

Found out that you posted a murf patch on the Axechange lately. It's definitely a part of it. I wonder how to get a sound with more envelope added to it and, how to say, some "splice" ? so that the sounds could get more melted between one another. Maybe two sequencers slightly delayed between one another if the unit can handle that. For the patterns & rates I see very well how to adapt to taste & maybe some 1PEQ filter attached to an LFO for getting that rotated/enveloped sound at each sequencer output. How to get to that "modulation 1 david Gilden" as on the moog site, or "extreme filtering". But it's definitely an enormous start. Thanks so much !! Hope I'll be able to play around starting from this !

Found out that you posted a murf patch on the Axechange lately. It's definitely a part of it. I wonder how to get a sound with more envelope added to it and, how to say, some "splice" ? so that the sounds could get more melted between one another. Maybe two sequencers slightly delayed between one another if the unit can handle that. For the patterns & rates I see very well how to adapt to taste & maybe some 1PEQ filter attached to an LFO for getting that rotated/enveloped sound at each sequencer output. How to get to that "modulation 1 david Gilden" as on the moog site, or "extreme filtering". But it's definitely an enormous start. Thanks so much !! Hope I'll be able to play around starting from this !

ok, to get more blend, bypass the second volume block in row 3, which is acting as a slicer. or adjust lfo 1

to get more filtering, increase or decrease the master feedback parameter in the resonator block to about 90 or -90

ok, to get more blend, bypass the second volume block in row 3, which is acting as a slicer. or adjust lfo 1

to get more filtering, increase or decrease the master feedback parameter in the resonator block to about 90 or -90

Yeah great ! I play with the LFO1, putting it on Exponential type and lowered the midvalue of LFO1 to 63-64%. Further I linked the master feedback to EXPpedal2 of my FCB to find the soft spot which with my instrument is around a value of 100-110 or 20-30 on the lower side (range 0-127 = -100 to +100, but at extreme values the result is rather surprising also !) further added a phaser or a wah in the "murf" chain; The result is driving me nuts for over one hour already and this is just the start of it !!! You're a genius. Part of the sound is even better than the real thing I had a few years ago ! For my purpose I'll just need to get the rate a bit slower & create a few more sequences. It's not clear for me for what purpose you added the Multidelay, CPU load at 94 is a bit high...
Thanks Thanks & thanks again !
In case you like I join the modded patch

Attachments

• Murf LL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom