Mooer/GTRS Intelligent Guitar

Alternative tunings would only be possible with a hex pickup. I do not see that it has one. Only regular pickups.

Judging from the promo video its target audience is a beginner.
I was waiting for the next evolution of Variax-like guitars for a long time, but this does not seem like a professional tool.

The trouble is this won't last anything like as long as the guitar it is in. Variax guitars are horrible quality inside and die for the sake of a unique switch that Line 6 didn't make available, it will be the same here. All this type of stuff should always be separate from the instrument unless you don't mind dropping the whole thing in the bin when something trivial breaks and support is over.

Judging from the promo video its target audience is a beginner.
I was waiting for the next evolution of Variax-like guitars for a long time, but this does not seem like a professional tool.
Same. I’m starting to think the next logical step up from the variax (as a variax owner and user) are the Boss GP-10 and Boss SY-1000 units with the GK3 pickup since it can do effects, modeling and alt tunings. I just can’t tell if it has better sounds than the variax. It’s hard to tell from YouTube videos lol

The trouble is this won't last anything like as long as the guitar it is in. Variax guitars are horrible quality inside and die for the sake of a unique switch that Line 6 didn't make available, it will be the same here. All this type of stuff should always be separate from the instrument unless you don't mind dropping the whole thing in the bin when something trivial breaks and support is over.
If the electronics died in a variax and even this guitar, the guitar is still functional as a normal guitar

If the electronics died in a variax and even this guitar, the guitar is still functional as a normal guitar
Not really, it depends what breaks. You could rip out the Variax parts are rewire the remainder. There are parts that take the whole thing out.

Back
Top Bottom