Moody riff with Herbie ch3/FW18b, Ownhammer v3 and Skervesen!

erockomania

Experienced

Hey guys, I've always been in love with the Herbie ch3 and even though this is not G3'd yet, I still dig the minor update. I love how responsive this amp is... cannot wait for the G3 version!

Chain:

Skervesen Chiroptera multiscale Chiroptera 7 string with Bareknuckle Juggernauts.

FW18b Herbie ch3.

Ownhammer V3 mix of Orange and Diezel cabs.

Dingwall Combustion Bass.

Superior Drummer 2 with Metal Foundry.

All mixed in Logic ProX.

Let me know what you think!

Incredible tone, I absolutely love the sound of those guitars! Right up my alley big time.

Sound badass bro! One question, OH has V3 mix Orange cabs??

Time to break my radio silence, I guess... :lol

As of the time of me typing this, I already have 34 speakers finished in a PPC412, yes. I haven't put them on the site yet though. I felt like people were getting pummeled with IR's from multiple directions, and they needed a break or they were going to get burned out. If you have been watching my site or Facebook, you'll notice I haven't posted anything new the last couple of weeks, but behind the scenes I haven't stopped sampling. :) So far I absolutely love how the Orange cab IR's are turning out, especially with the V30's, really full and chunky.

I want to get a few more speakers in there then I'll drop them onto the site in the next couple of days. After that I will continue to trickle 4x12 content in every day I sample but the majority of each day will henceforth be focusing on smaller stuff - 1x12's, 2x12's, 2x10's, and 4x10's - until I blast through the more in demand cab/speaker combos. After that it will likely be random.

THIS IS AWESOME!
This is my fav chunk-sound so far, it gets in the tool area, which cabs did you mix ?!

Great timing Mister ...

As of the time of me typing this, I already have 34 speakers finished in a PPC412, yes. I haven't put them on the site yet though. I felt like people were getting pummeled with IR's from multiple directions, and they needed a break or they were going to get burned out. If you have been watching my site or Facebook, you'll notice I haven't posted anything new the last couple of weeks, but behind the scenes I haven't stopped sampling. :) So far I absolutely love how the Orange cab IR's are turning out, especially with the V30's, really full and chunky.

I want to get a few more speakers in there then I'll drop them onto the site in the next couple of days. After that I will continue to trickle 4x12 content in every day I sample but the majority of each day will henceforth be focusing on smaller stuff - 1x12's, 2x12's, 2x10's, and 4x10's - until I blast through the more in demand cab/speaker combos. After that it will likely be random.

AH HA! So this explains the silence. I thought you was slacking off :lol I been checking your fb, and website, so I'll be waiting for these to drop!!
34 speakers already.............:shock going to be a tough one choosing.

Incredible tone, I absolutely love the sound of those guitars! Right up my alley big time.

We don't need a break Kevin we love to try new ir's - I supose we have become ir junkies :hororr:

Thanks guys!

Yes, bass patch is AxeFx as well :)

Ya, the Herbie on my beta is def not G3'd... I cannot wait for that.

What are you doing for the bass, dude? Sounds fatty fat fat fatty! I can't wait until this model gets G3'ed and we can hear you really rip into it!

Nice job! Sounds totally natural really good effort, I can't imagine you can improve too much on that patch but I look forward to hearing it if you do.
The blend with bass is pretty seamless which helps, obviously ir's play a big part as well so congrats to Ownhammer on that one.

What are you doing for the bass, dude? Sounds fatty fat fat fatty! I can't wait until this model gets G3'ed and we can hear you really rip into it!

I'm usually running a dialed SVT with a touch of distortion along side a DI track that is going thru a B7K and blending it to taste... this is just an SVT :)

Nice job! Sounds totally natural really good effort, I can't imagine you can improve too much on that patch but I look forward to hearing it if you do.
The blend with bass is pretty seamless which helps, obviously ir's play a big part as well so congrats to Ownhammer on that one.

Thanks man!

Also, thanks Jon!

So what exactly are you doing with the Herbie here man? Are you messing with the advanced parameters much? I've seen some of your patches and I know you like to mess around with various things... I personally haven't been very pleased with my own interactions with the Herbie, so any advice?

So what exactly are you doing with the Herbie here man? Are you messing with the advanced parameters much? I've seen some of your patches and I know you like to mess around with various things... I personally haven't been very pleased with my own interactions with the Herbie, so any advice?

Actually, I'm not doing a ton to the advanced stuff.... I did add a touch of "room" on the cab block as it tends to open things up a touch... maybe 10-15%. KT88 tubes, pwr amp on 5 for hardness and just barely get the output comp kissing the signal. I tend to mess around on the speaker page a little too... push the drive, mess with the xformer match, etc.. Really, just little minor things here and there that sounded the most open. I also mess with the drive block... mostly with mix and level until the amp is responding like I want. Sounds like a lot but really it's just tiny movements here and there until it feels and sounds "right" to me :)

Back
Top Bottom