Monitor Randomly Losing Top End

WyattPost

So I'm experiencing a strange issue while using the FM3. As I'm playing guitar, or listening to USB audio through the FM3, the high frequencies will randomly fade out and back in. It sounds like turning the hi cut on the cab block down very low. I've tried a new guitar cable, a new guitar, and a new cable running to my studio monitor, and the issue is still happening.

This happens on all presets and through USB audio as well. Is this a power issue?

I tried recording a clip and the issue was not captured, so I believe this is an issue with my monitor.

Last edited:
So I'm experiencing a strange issue while using the FM3. As I'm playing guitar, or listening to USB audio through the FM3, the high frequencies will randomly fade out and back in. It sounds like turning the hi cut on the cab block down very low. I've tried a new guitar cable, a new guitar, and a new cable running to my studio monitor, and the issue is still happening.

This happens on all presets and through USB audio as well. Is this a power issue?

so i am guessing you have the FM3 edit open
couple of questions
is it a Mac and are you using a magic mouse .
is your DAW Garageband?

After listening to this clip again, I'm now realizing this issue is not being recorded, so it must be something up with my speaker.

Yes I'm using FM3 Edit. No I'm just on an HP laptop. I'm not doing any recording other than using audacity to try to capture the issue. But I see it didn't capture it. My monitor seems to be losing top end for some reason.

Speakers in general are notorious for this. Often a bad connection or the signs of a tweeter that's about to fail.

Back
Top Bottom