Moke's 'Clean to Mean' Pack 1 - FOR THE AX8 - Demo Video Added!

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
New product in the store..... Mokes' 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1
For firmware 8.02. 125 presets $19.99 (introductory sale price)
http://www.custompresets.com/store/p130/'Clean_To_Mean'_Pack_#1_-_'AX8'.html

This pack is comprised of 122 of the latest Axe-Fx II 'Factory' Bank 'A' presets that have been converted and further edited to work with the 'AX8'. As well as 3 bonus presets from the original AX8 Factory presets that have since been replaced. They have all been edited to use 4-scenes arranged in a “clean to mean” configuration.

All 125 presets are setup using the same methodology to make adjusting the individual scenes for your preferences easier.

'Scene Controller #1' is used to control the amount of drive or 'Dirt' in each scene. 'Scene Controller #2' is used to control the volume in each scene. I have set all of the 'Damping' parameters in the controller attachments to '100 ms'. This makes the transitions between scenes 'Morph' between the various 'Dirt' and 'Volume' settings.

Scene 1 - Lowest drive (original tone on the clean presets)
Scene 2 - Mid drive
Scene 3 - Highest drive (original tone on the dirty presets)
Scene 4 – Solo, adds volume boost via 'Scene Controller #2' (in most cases, adds Drive and Delay blocks)

Having four scenes with different 'drive' settings makes the Factory presets much more usable right out of the box.

Includes a 'Future Update' link and a 'Mini Manual' to explain exactly where to adjust the 'Drive' and 'Volume' levels for each scene, for your guitar and tastes.

This video is of the Axe-Fx II version. Sounds identical, except for the 3rd example, as well as 5 others that aren't available in the AX8 pack because of the 'Dual-Amp' routing.

Last edited:
Just to clarify..........

These are based on the newest Q8 Axe-Fx II presets that were tweaked by Cliff Chase. MOST of the new AX8 Q8 presets just released have the same names but in some cases they are using different Cabs, Drives, Compressors, and Delays than the ones that Cliff did?

I will probably do the same thing to the new AX8 Q8 presets it there is any interest.

Not sure why they were changed or who changed them?

Last edited:
Moke, these are the greatest patch purchase ive made for the AX8 so far, every preset useable immediately with minimal tweaking, simple layout which actually allows me to learn as i dig in, you sir are genius :)

Moke, these are the greatest patch purchase ive made for the AX8 so far, every preset useable immediately with minimal tweaking, simple layout which actually allows me to learn as i dig in, you sir are genius :)
Well, thank you very much! But, I can't take most of the credit. These are Cliff's presets and his modeling. I just added to them what I have always thought was missing since the introduction of 'Scenes'.

I also level matched all of the presets to each other so that scene #3 is very close to '0' dB on the VU meter.

As with the Axe-Fx II pack, I decided to adjust as little as possible to preserve the original tones. I limited my possible edits to........

1. The Cab block 'Low' and 'High' cuts.

2. The Amp block 'Bass' cut.

3. Added a 'Y' state to the 'Rotary' block for a slower speed option.

4. Set the 'Reverb' block 'Quality' to 'Normal' and/or lowered the 'Echo Density' parameter when needed, due to CPU limitations.

5. Removed blocks (that were present in the Axe-Fx II versions) due to CPU limitations.

6. The addition of an occasional 'Drive' or 'Delay' block if one was not present. (copied from another similar 'Factory' preset)

7. The addition of a 'Filter' block (with one or more parameters attached to 'Scene Controller #1') used for gain and/or pre-EQ adjustments on Amp models that needed it.

Last edited:
Well, thank you very much! But, I can't take most of the credit. These are Cliff's presets and his modeling. I just added to them what I have always thought was missing since the introduction of 'Scenes'.

I also level matched all of the presets to each other so that scene #3 is very close to '0' dB on the VU meter.

As with the Axe-Fx II pack, I decided to adjust as little as possible to preserve the original tones. I limited my possible edits to........

1. The Cab block 'Low' and 'High' cuts.

2. The Amp block 'Bass' cut.

3. Added a 'Y' state to the 'Rotary' block for a slower speed option.

4. Set the 'Reverb' block 'Quality' to 'Normal' and/or lowered the 'Echo Density' parameter when needed, due to CPU limitations.

5. Removed blocks due to CPU limitations.

6. The addition of an occasional 'Drive' or 'Delay' block if one was not present. (copied from another similar 'Factory' preset)

7. The addition of a 'Filter' block (with one or more parameters attached to 'Scene Controller #1') used for gain and/or pre-EQ adjustments on Amp models that needed it.
Indeed, Cliff's ear for everything is incredible, so between you both this is a brilliant addition to my AX8, throw in my simplistic knowledge from years of gigging and im ready to go :)

Last edited:
Also, Someone brought it to my attention that the 'Edge of Breakup (MCP)' preset (Bank 14 - preset 7) has a small error in the switch assignments. Switch #2 should be assigned to Scene #2.........But it was assigned to Scene #3...:confused:

It's easy enough to fix on your own, but it has been fixed in the store and in the 'Archive/Update' page. Just download the repaired version from the 'Archive/Update' page and replace that whole bank if you wish.

I also want to point out that the demo video in the OP is of the Axe-Fx II version. The AX8 versions sound identical, except for the 3rd example, as well as 5 others that aren't available in the AX8 pack because of the 'Dual-Amp' routing.

So threw in 3 bonus presets from the original AX8 Factory presets that have since been replaced in the latest AX8 Q 8 versions.

Just to clarify..........

These are based on the newest Q8 Axe-Fx II presets that were tweaked by Cliff Chase. MOST of the new AX8 Q8 presets just released have the same names but in some cases they are using different Cabs, Drives, Compressors, and Delays than the ones that Cliff did?

I will probably do the same thing to the new AX8 Q8 presets it there is any interest.

Not sure why they were changed or who changed them?

I have bought your Clean to Mean packs and love them. Are you planning to do the same for the new AX8 Q8 presets? If so, I would buy them! Either way, thanks for all your hard work.

I have bought your Clean to Mean packs and love them. Are you planning to do the same for the new AX8 Q8 presets? If so, I would buy them! Either way, thanks for all your hard work.
I probably will, just to have more options available. It's a bit of work doing it to that many presets.

But there are enough differences between them to be worth it. I will look into it further when I finish updating all of my other AX8 presets to Q 8.02.

If I find any that are identical to the first pack...should I leave them out (blank), or still include them in the new pack (and mark them in some way)?????

So I purchased these and have some questions- Perhaps should be posted elsewhere but here goes:

After having purchased the presets it occurred to me these will replace the original factory presets in the first 16 Banks. Is that correct? I expect they could be moved to other locations if I wanted to.

In any event, once I load these I would not want to load the "Factory Presets" again as that would overwrite the custom pack purchased, (just making sure).

Are these "tweaks" to the original presets or different presets all together? A mix- tweaked old and some new?

Next question: I saw yesterday there is a bug in the JCM 800 amp. Has that been fixed yet? One of the presets I'm interested in uses the "800" and I'm currently running the ver 7 Firmware so I haven't seen it yet. I've downloaded the 8.02 but haven't flashed Ram yet.

I haven't had my AX8 very long, hence the questions.

Regards,

Fusionstate.

After having purchased the presets it occurred to me these will replace the original factory presets in the first 16 Banks. Is that correct? I expect they could be moved to other locations if I wanted to.
You can load them into whatever locations you like.

So I purchased these and have some questions- Perhaps should be posted elsewhere but here goes:

In any event, once I load these I would not want to load the "Factory Presets" again as that would overwrite the custom pack purchased, (just making sure).

Are these "tweaks" to the original presets or different presets all together? A mix- tweaked old and some new?

Next question: I saw yesterday there is a bug in the JCM 800 amp. Has that been fixed yet? One of the presets I'm interested in uses the "800" and I'm currently running the ver 7 Firmware so I haven't seen it yet. I've downloaded the 8.02 but haven't flashed Ram yet.

I haven't had my AX8 very long, hence the questions.

Regards,

Fusionstate.
If you use 'FractalBot' to load them, It will ask you to select a destination Bank at the last step. Load each bank of 8, where ever you like.

Can you give me more info on this Bug? Either way, If there is a reason to re-work anything, It will be added to the 'Archive/Update' page and you will have free access to it when it becomes available.

They are different than the current new AX8 presets. All of your other questions are answered in the first couple of posts in this thread.

I probably will, just to have more options available. It's a bit of work doing it to that many presets.

But there are enough differences between them to be worth it. I will look into it further when I finish updating all of my other AX8 presets to Q 8.02.

If I find any that are identical to the first pack...should I leave them out (blank), or still include them in the new pack (and mark them in some way)?????

Many thanks for your individual preset Q8.02 updates!
Since I already have your current AX8 Clean to Mean pack, I would pay for the additional AX8 presets - especially if you think there are enough differences to be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom