Modifying external controller range

jdosher

Inspired
I have Output 1 volume mapped to an expression knob (MFC pedal input 4, CC19, fwiw) so I can nudge my global volume while playing. Is there a way to modify the range/min/max/curve of that control? I know the controller can be modified when used in a block, but I'm not seeing how to modify a controller when using it outside of a block like this.

Basically, I want to set it to change output volume from 50-100% to make it less sensitive, and easier to make small changes when turning it with my foot.

You can't do that from the axe-fx but you can from the mfc101. See section 7.3 of the mfc-101 manual.

Cool. Thanks! I tried that originally, and it wasn't working, but when I went back to try again I figured out I had inadvertently grabbed an audio-taper pot when I made my expression knob box. The other two knobs I put in (25K linear-taper pots) work just fine, so it's just that one knob (that I was using for Output 1 volume) that's the issue. Anyway, thanks; your post got me back on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom