Wish modifer: more envelope follower please

challtag

I'm playing Chapman Railboard, which as you might know has two signals (bass and sorta baritone).
I'd desperately whish at least 2 possible envelope followers, which I'd put on input 1 and input 2.
it seems that only input 1 has a dedicated env.follower which is, in my scenario, too less.

thanks

Have you explored the alternate possibility of using an ADSR on the other input?

guys,
I came to mind our wish of getting a 2nd Envelope Follower (on Input 2) hasn't been considered yet.
Let's stay strong and spread the word - let's hope to get it on the Wish List

best, Chris

okay, thanks for telling..
❤️
I've seen this topic went into the >>Master Wish List<< recently!
Let's keep fingers crossed 🤞

I'd be eternally grateful, as I just really need to run my two signals (Chapman-Stick) into dedicated envelope filters - can't a effort to buy a second AxeFx3 for this icky little issue 😅

thanks alot and all the best to you

Last edited:
Hello again.
I can imagine countless great sound designs on the AxeFx. with having more than one Envelope-Follower, especially if there would be 1 Envelope-Follower for each of all 4 Inputs. In the moment, it looks like this:
Automations.JPG

I want to emphasize Fractal how good it would be, could we AxeFX.III-Customers eventually get a further EnvelopeFollower as a Modifier, as this implemantion cant be a biggy.
Up to this moment this incredible machine, as huge as it spreads out for all kinds of experimental music on strings, it has solely this one Envelope-Follower on Signal1 - which in my case as a professional musician playing a Chapman Stick is such a big big bummer!
Bought the machine, I am not able to play my instrument with 2 Auto-Wah´s.

So, I´d need to buy another, SECOND AxeFx.III - just because of this little issue there is only one of them.
As you probably used my link to Chapman now,
you´ll understand this instrument has two Signal-outputs, as for one of the both playing hands each.
Why my AxeFx.III isn´t enough is, because I desperately need 2 Auto-Wah´s -
one for my two Input-Signal/ Playing-Hands each.

But up to this day, you can´t build two AutoWah´s for two seperate Inputs. This is because, aside from numberless Automation-Options a customer wont be able to choose antoher Envelope-Follower than one, which is listening to Input.1
I build up a setup for my basic needs, so you get a glimpse (attached).

talksoon

Attachments

• Auto Wah Funk_ChapmanStick.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
How do you know? We have no knowledge on how it's implemented.

You've made a wish. Fractal monitors wishes...

Continuing to "bump" your wish might get you negative results. Something to think about ;)
As I´m part-time programmer myself - the Code for that CV to Pitch conversion already exists, right? After all, Fractal Audio already developed the Envelope-Follower. I would conclude, to open up for a second, third and fourth one for the rest of the units Input´s can´t be a big issue.

Update.
Trey Gunn (member of King Crimson), and a great Stick-Player by itself
brought me to look up on a unit he uses himself now:
It´s the MOD DWARF ...and I´m quite shocked what you get there for a quarter to a fifth of a Axe.FX3-Turbo´s price tag -
though, I wouldn´t dare to compare it from the HQ-Audio Solution´s perpective...
The MOD is a fully open and modular unit claiming that!, which is basically everthing the Axe does??
Trey´s gonna now - as he ran into the same limitations once... hm.

On a further investigation I ran into the Zoia from Empress too (scroll down and look up for "Ever Growing List of Modules" -
this is just nuts.

There´s even a third competitor, the Beepo.

I will close with linking you with a one-on one-on one-comparision

best

Back
Top Bottom