Modeling Version-Resolved

cemusic

Inspired
So, is all of that version stuff now completely gone? The Modeling Version parameter on the preamps page no longer relevant?

I had always selected Latest in the global menu and paid no attention to this setting in presets, but I notice that on many presets (mine and factory), the selected version is Q6.xx, Q5.xx etc.

Will this control soon go away completely or does it still mean something?

If I read properly this is the solution
To keep mk1 and mk2 users on the journey kind of the proverbial fork in road if you choose 7.01 you can't go
Back

i believe the Modeling version was removed for ALL axe-fx.
I think so too, but the control is still there on the Preamp page.

Update: Now that I play with it a little it seems to have no effect. I imagine it will go away soon.

Yes I have it too but it's not doing anything except it says it's defaulting to 6.x when I reset the block. (In Axe Edit)

Clown-Waving-Hand-And-Says-Goodbye-Animated-Gif.gif

Its gone to make room for new stuff, like more models, new effects etc

Good trade-off in my opinion. I have a mkII though, so I haven't had the option in a quite a while. Can't say I've ever once missed it or said "boy, I wish I could have Q6.02 for this patch" when I was otherwise enjoying 7

Meanwhile I can use it as a placebo when a client doesn't like a particular amp. "Maybe you'd like a more vintage model? How about 6,5,4,3? Ooh you really like the vintage stuff eh?"

So, with this update are the amp Block settings for version gone, as well as the global setting for version or if the global is set to latest will I have to do the amp up/down thing to load the proper version anymore? I'm a fairly new user and if this is the case you made it a lot easier to know what version I am using.

Back
Top Bottom