Modeling Development Environment

MaVo

Hi this is a rather technical question to the engineering team at Fractal Audio.

As an engineer myself I'm curious in what kind of development environment you create your algorithms for the DSPs? Do you write the raw C/assembler code all by your own or do you also use model-based development software as MATLAB/Simulink to generate these? If you do use MATLAB/Simulink, to which extent are you using it? Do you deploy your algorithms directly from MATLAB to the DSPs?

If don't want to publish your internal development processes, I can fully understand this.

Cliff has stated that he writes in assembly. AFAIK, nothing has been posted about the other developers or code not related to model algorithms.

If you know his secrets, he has to kill you!!!
Just kidding, I think he's right to do not public his work. :)

Reactions: RDH
so, you use C++
No... like he said. He's using C structs to manually build objects and classes. C++ has a bunch of additional baggage. Totally makes sense given the real-time nature of the processing here.

FWIW, I would expect Fractal's development process to be typical of any real-time DSP code development effort, even if the results do rock harder than others.

It is strange...I am an embedded controls engineer too....and was drawn to the axe because of the way fractal "designs" its products....and now i find out he develops the same way i do...i guess it makes perfect sense now. :)

Back
Top Bottom