ML Brit Collection: The Mothership!

Man that's a bummer. Out of my range also. Any chance of splitting up the pack at some point?
I'm sorry to hear that. I myself wouldn't find it too hard to justify getting something that costs half a tube screamer and gives me the sounds that gave birth to rock'n'roll.

Christmas-Hanukkah-Kwanzaa is almost here! I strongly advice you to take another listen to those clips in the first post and think about it a little bit more. :)

It's a premium product including 5 Cab Packs for the price of 3. Not everyone wants that many IR's which is understandable.

In case someone missed it we also released Cab Pack 19 today which includes a Citrus 4x12 (based on an Orange™ PPC412® Straight Cabinet with English Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers) and Angle 4x12 (based on an Engl™ 4x12 Pro® Straight Cabinet with Chinese Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers) and it's a collaboration with Misha Mansoor from Periphery that includes Mishas Mixes.

Check it out: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_19_ML_Bulb_Angle_Citrus_p/fas-801-0019.htm

Maybe that's more in your price range. :)

Think about what it would cost to purchase these cabs, good mics, mic pres, etc., etc., etc., not to mention the time it takes to do it right. Worth every penny. It's really akin to what we have access to with the Axe FX.

I used to have a room full of cabs (amps, pedals, etc. too). Now, I have tens of thousands of ready-to-go IRs in a folder on my computer.

Those who are satisfied with the stock cabs and available IRs have many good choices. But, the new ones that continue to be released are excellent.

Perfect timing as I've got the week off and one of my tasks is to redo my live presets for Quantum. I've been on FW15 for so long as I haven't had a chance for proper down time, I cannot wait.

I've always enjoyed your recommendations with the other packs (I've got them all). I tend to go for the Alloy mixes - any recommendations this time?

wow, Ive only played the pr75 aces and a few of the pr55 aces...I was really excited for this cab pack and man does it deliver. playing these with a plexi model and not only does each one sound awesome, they seem to have added something very good to the feel.. I just about fell over and thought something was going to explode from playing the crap out of my guitar \m/. awesome job Mikko, definitely worth every penny to me!

I'll get both packs when next paycheck is in. I have just bought the UVI Vintage Vault collection for my DAW so cash is a little short right now.

But really. These cab packs are awesome and Mikko's work is the best thing you can do for your guitar sound ... Well ... After buying an Axe Fx and tune your guitar that is. :p

Been wanting a kick a$$ G12H ir forever, this pack delivers. Excellent work thank you!

I had no problem plunking down the cash, worth every penny! But I can see where someone only wanting 1 of the cabs would have a problem. Maybe you could offer a choice: purchase separately at $24.99 or buy the bundle for $74.99. Just a thought.

I just downloaded both 19 and 20. Looking forward to trying these out. I've been using Cab Pack 8 up until now with great success. I just recently decided to switch to using some different guitars for live and wanted to rebuild my patches from scratch, so this is perfect timing. I've been using Strats and Teles up until now with single coils. I figured it was time to give my Les paul some attention.

Think about what it would cost to purchase these cabs, good mics, mic pres, etc., etc., etc., not to mention the time it takes to do it right. Worth every penny. It's really akin to what we have access to with the Axe FX.

I used to have a room full of cabs (amps, pedals, etc. too). Now, I have tens of thousands of ready-to-go IRs in a folder on my computer.

Those who are satisfied with the stock cabs and available IRs have many good choices. But, the new ones that continue to be released are excellent.
I really appreciate these words. I do understand that it's really easy to lose sight of the value side of things with digital products. Once you start thinking how much your pickup upgrades, drive pedals, effect pedals, strings and cables cost you should quickly realize the value. You can not buy some of these real cabinets anywhere. If you're lucky you'll find one on eBay but that price will be five digits and there's no way of knowing the condition of the speakers.

I'm happy to see the user feedback is so positive! :)

Perfect timing as I've got the week off and one of my tasks is to redo my live presets for Quantum. I've been on FW15 for so long as I haven't had a chance for proper down time, I cannot wait.

I've always enjoyed your recommendations with the other packs (I've got them all). I tend to go for the Alloy mixes - any recommendations this time?
Of course! Obviously people will go crazy over the PR55 and PR75. Alloy Aces SM57-R121 01 is the one I usually start with when using "Brit" cabs but I use the SM57-MD421 01 and SM57-M160 01 IR's just as much. That being said the people that want the most vintage sounds I suggest looking at "Brit 80s". It sounds straight up old. :D The HW is the cab AC/DC uses these days. If you liked CP8: TV you'll love this one. It's noticably brighter than the PR cabs and therefore more modern sounding.

Don't forget to try the SM57 single mics as well!

Of course! Obviously people will go crazy over the PR55 and PR75. Alloy Aces SM57-R121 01 is the one I usually start with when using "Brit" cabs but I use the SM57-MD421 01 and SM57-M160 01 IR's just as much. That being said the people that want the most vintage sounds I suggest looking at "Brit 80s". It sounds straight up old. :D The HW is the cab AC/DC uses these days. If you liked CP8: TV you'll love this one. It's noticably brighter than the PR cabs and therefore more modern sounding.

Don't forget to try the SM57 single mics as well!

Thanks Mikko, I'll be sure to give these a whirl when I've finished "the list" the wife's given me for the week off :)

How are these EQ-wise? I often find IR's that other like being a bit too bass for my taste. That's what i like about OH, he has them ordered from bright to bassy.
I like clarity, tightness and bright without being shrill. I know i can set eq but i get better results with the ir as close to ideal as possible from the start.

Do mean with that the 800 Marshall's or Plexis Mikko ?
It's definitely more of a retro thing for me so plexis. Knowing your genre the PR cabs and HW might be more to your liking but if you like tones by bands like the Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand etc. Brit 80s is what I suggest you use. :)

Back
Top Bottom