Mk 2 fan noise

Any fan strapped to the chassis is going to make some noise. Get a laser infrared thermometer and check the temp without the fan plugged in. Apparently they will be just fine, given you’re not outside in the sun.

Any fan strapped to the chassis is going to make some noise. Get a laser infrared thermometer and check the temp without the fan plugged in. Apparently they will be just fine, given you’re not outside in the sun.
Agreed, but this is pretty loud, even with the nicer fan.

Good tip on the thermometer. Will check it out!

My Mk I (got it September 2018 from g66 in EU) had a quite noisy fan.
I replaced it with a Noctua NF-A8 ULN (80mm) and now it's pretty close to silent.

Thanks for the suggestion, my FXIII is the most noisy thing in my studio, my i5 (noctua fan) with 2 chassis fans, discrete graphic card with its own fan and two mechanical hard drives is quieter (and a lot cheaper than an Axe FXIII).

Hi all,
Put my order in last night (yay!)
For those of you with the Mk2 already, is the fan the same fan as that in the mk 1?
And, if so, is it mounted identically as in the mk1?

I’ll want to prepare a quiet replacement if so, because I’m sensitive to fan noise.

can’t wait to be able to fit that many presets in one Axe fx!
Thanks
Pauly
There's a fan in there?????

Sorry, I don't mean to be Richard or Dick.....I've been working too many hours and need to remove myself from public exchanges...........

Back
Top Bottom