mini-display not working properly on FC-12

Alek

Inspired
I may have made a mistake and I bought used FC-12 2. Mini-displays are not working properly on this one, I think. It is running 1.13 firmware. I reset the controller using the instructions from quick guide through the menu. Bigger LCD display works fine, but the other smaller ones, there's just light to them and nothing else. I tried changing contrast from 0% to 100% for mini-labels and I still can't get them to show anything except changing contrast. But when changing contrast they go from light blue to some dark blue dots to full blue rectangle and it keeps showing the same in cycles when I go from 0 to 100%. I do not have FASLINK 2 cable, just original Axe FX3 and standard microphone cable. Did anyone else see this problem before?

switch.jpg

I do not have FASLINK 2 cable, just original Axe FX3 and standard microphone cable.
FASLINK 2 uses a standard microphone cable.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 4.15.24 PM.png
It references the FX3 but applies to all three models and both FC units.

Have you tried a different cable? It shouldn't matter because FASLINK is a serial protocol but you never know.

FASLINK 2 uses a standard microphone cable.

View attachment 115729
It references the FX3 but applies to all three models and both FC units.

Have you tried a different cable? It shouldn't matter because FASLINK is a serial protocol but you never know.
I did not try a different cable yet. I just bought this one. I will buy another one and check it out. Thanks

I did not try a different cable yet. I just bought this one. I will buy another one and check it out. Thanks
Actually, I tried different cable that works 100% for a microphone though.... and I get the same behavior from fc12

Maybe crack it open and check for a loose ribbon cable connection or something. Given the switch colors and the the one being bright, it looks like the layouts are intact and working, but you might try reloading the factory layouts from the FC Controllers menu too just for the hell of it.

Maybe crack it open and check for a loose ribbon cable connection or something. Given the switch colors and the the one being bright, it looks like the layouts are intact and working, but you might try reloading the factory layouts from the FC Controllers menu too just for the hell of it.
Thanks. I reloaded defaults from fc controllers menu just before I posted the question. As it is bought used and there is no warranty, I will try to open it tomorrow and see how it looks from inside.

Thanks. I reloaded defaults from fc controllers menu just before I posted the question. As it is bought used and there is no warranty, I will try to open it tomorrow and see how it looks from inside.
Looks good to me inside. I rechecked both sides of each data cable.

20230207_205524.jpg20230207_205547.jpg

Is this the reset procedure you used?

LOAD THE DEFAULT LAYOUTS
No configuration is needed for the FC to function fully. However, we recommend loading the factory default layouts and FC Configuration before first use. To do so, please perform the following simple steps:

Page to SETUP | FC Controllers | Reset

Is this the reset procedure you used?

LOAD THE DEFAULT LAYOUTS
No configuration is needed for the FC to function fully. However, we recommend loading the factory default layouts and FC Configuration before first use. To do so, please perform the following simple steps:

Page to SETUP | FC Controllers | Reset
Yes... I exactly did that, too. I even tried when there was nothing on. I created Preset +1 inc and preset -1 Dec switches and made a custom mini-display label for both click and hold events both each. Nothing was popping up on mini-displays

Yeah, make sure you install the Mark I firmware and not the Mark II firmware. That will definitely cause issues.

OK. Let me try 1.12 firmware. I am not sure if this is mark 1 or mark 2. I will provide the update. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom