Mind blowing stuff from OpenAI

This shit's supposed to be a warning, not a f**king instruction manual.

1984 and Animal Farm, too.

I think most of those sci-fi movies and what’s on tv are soft disclosure for what’s about to happen. A lot of the futuristic gadgets and technologies in the movies before are now materialized.

I think most of those sci-fi movies and what’s on tv are soft disclosure for what’s about to happen. A lot of the futuristic gadgets and technologies in the movies before are now materialized.
Maybe intentionally, maybe not, but it does seem that sci-fi predicts a fair number of things....

I think most of those sci-fi movies and what’s on tv are soft disclosure...
Maybe not so soft.

I remember seeing an interview with Spielberg when Minority Report came out, in 2002. The interviewer asked something like, 'where did you come up with all the futuristic technology in the movie?' Spielberg said that he spoke with the top computer scientists and engineers at the time and asked them what computer technology was going to look like in the future and how it would be used? They said that we would see flat screen T.V.'s everywhere, like malls, stores, etc., that would target advertising based on your interests. Touch-screen technology, VR, etc. Basically, pretty much everything we see today, that didn't exist in 2002 and that we saw in the movie.

Sometimes movies inspire technology as well. Like Star Trek. This documentary is pretty good. They interviewed scientists who were inspired by Star Trek as kids and went on to develop some of the technology on Star Trek, that was science fiction in the 60's.

Last edited:
https://interestingengineering.com/...ontent&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=May03

This is a big part of why AI is going to be the ruin of us all. Human "error", amplified 1000000 times....
View attachment 120525
That doesn't really have much to do with AI, if I'm reading that right. An employee uploaded proprietary code to a place where it became publicly available, or the company was afraid it would. Just humans doing human stuff, no artificial anything.

That doesn't really have much to do with AI, if I'm reading that right. An employee uploaded proprietary code to a place where it became publicly available, or the company was afraid it would. Just humans doing human stuff, no artificial anything.
That's the problem with it.

Too many humans involved. One will screw up or do something evil, and it will manifest so fast there will be no possibility of even knowing WTF just happened, much less fixing it....

AI pioneer says its threat to world may be 'more urgent' than climate change.

So what happens when someone asks AI to solve climate change? It will look at the data and determine the root cause is humans. So it's conclusion will be to get rid of humans. There was a really great SciFi movie from the 70's that dealt with this. I wrote a paper on it in high school for my philosophy class.
Wikipedia: Colossus: The Forbin Project

Trailer:

All new technology has potential dangers and pitfalls. They key is to put in the right guardrails so it doesn't do more harm than good. The point Hinton is making is that right now there are no guardrails and commercial interests are moving very fast. Some regulation would ensure it can be a great tool to make life better not worse. IBM's Watson has already come up with some amazing breakthroughs in medicine that will benefit humanity. So it isn't all evil overlords and terminators. We just have to make sure it is developed responsibly.

Back
Top Bottom