Mimicking this behaviour...

Jemwiz00

I’ve been playing around with using overdrives and boosts in different locations in the chain on my “real” amps (Mesa Mark series). Recently I discovered a gem in that everything sounds better to my ears when I engage my Suhr Iso Boost in the effects loop of the amp. I imagine this has the effect of hitting the output tubes harder. Now I am trying to mimick this behaviour on the Axe. In theory I should be able to run the output tubes a little harder by simply increasing the master volume in the Amp Block. However, it is a little different in that the Suhr boost colors the tone ever so slightly. Is there a way to achieve this? I’m thinking their must be a routing option to have a drive block run into the output section of the amp? Would i need two amp blocks to get it done? I appreciate anyone’s insight.

Thank you Chris. I have had good luck adjusting the EQ in the amp block in the past and it is spot on to the real thing. Good suggestion on the master volume trim too - I had some good results today with that method. Honestly I’ve never toyed with that parameter much. I imagine it is adjusting the “clip point” of the power amp “tubes” ?

Good suggestion on the master volume trim...I imagine it is adjusting the “clip point” of the power amp “tubes” ?
Pretty much. It does change how hard you hit the power amp. It does that without changing EQ. Sometimes Master Volume can affect EQ.

MV trim has the same effect as MV. You can think of them as two simple volume controls in series between preamp & power amp.

Back
Top Bottom