MIMIC Question

jsletner

Experienced
Sorry if this has already been answered.

Are all upcoming amps modeled with MIMIC now?

Are some of the amps that are included in FW10 not MIMICed but modeled from schematics?

Just wondering because I'm loving most of what I'm hearing, but its got be difficult to physically get your hands on all the amps.

1.I Think so.
2.Yes but i think the ones that are based of schematics also have the MIMIC'D version in there too. if not i'm sure they'll be in the someday.

1.I Think so.
2.Yes but i think the ones that are based of schematics also have the MIMIC'D version in there too. if not i'm sure they'll be in the someday.

Regarding #2 I'm almost 100% sure that the amps that are based on schematics only don't have been Mimiced since the Mimic process requires that the amp is physically available to run test signals through.
I believe that the Trainwreck or Wrecker is one of the amps that is based on schematics since I believe that Cliff doesn't got one in his possession...yet!

All amps are based on schematics and mathematical models. It's the #1 added value of the Axe (IMHO). MIMIC is a "tool", combination of techniques, which are run against the real amps. Differences and deviations between the simulation and the amp being simulated are identified. Corrections are then applied at various places in the simulation. Those corrections (data generated by the "MIMIC" process) can take several forms: more accurate filters, better parameters for the modelized amp parts etc.

So, yes I think all future amps will be "MIMIC'ed" if they can put their hands on the real device because it seems to be a must-have for anyone willing to simulate amps :mrgreen

I would encourage you to read the MIMIC.pdf document included in the firmware zip file.

All amps are based on schematics and mathematical models. It's the #1 added value of the Axe (IMHO). MIMIC is a "tool", combination of techniques, which are run against the real amps. Differences and deviations between the simulation and the amp being simulated are identified. Corrections are then applied at various places in the simulation. Those corrections (data generated by the "MIMIC" process) can take several forms: more accurate filters, better parameters for the modelized amp parts etc.

So, yes I think all future amps will be "MIMIC'ed" if they can put their hands on the real device because it seems to be a must-have for anyone willing to simulate amps :mrgreen

I would encourage you to read the MIMIC.pdf document included in the firmware zip file.

Yes I have read it many times. Its not the process I'm curious about (although) I'd love to know more. Its what amps have it and what amps, if any don't that's what I want to know. For instance has the existing Wrecker model been through the MIMIC process? They're hard to find and expensive.

Again just curious.

There are only a couple amps that have not been MIMIC'd. I'd have to think about which ones. Obviously any amps without a real-world counterpart are exempt. Our amp collection is huge now.

There are only a couple amps that have not been MIMIC'd. I'd have to think about which ones. Obviously any amps without a real-world counterpart are exempt. Our amp collection is huge now.

When the Tweed Deluxe went into the Axe II it was based on my amp, but that all happened before MIMIC, so that might be one. If you don't have a Tweed Deluxe and haven't MIMIC'd one I'd be happy to send it again.

Back
Top Bottom