MIDI THRU switchable to become input?

Do you want this feature?

• Total voters

Ben J

I don't know if that would be a possibility in the software, but it could be a quick solution to those who are using a foot controller & editor at the same time.

So, only one input is active at a time, and techincally IN & THRU are swappable.

Would be pretty cool.

Instead, the editor just needs a soft thru to pass incoming footpedal data to the editor. I was just thinking this tonight. The example of eMagic soundDiver comes to mind.

Assuming you have a way to get both the Axe and the footpedal inputs into the computer, which requires having two midi ins, then you could do what you are asking with software, wouldn't need to be in the editor.

If you are on OS X you can use MidiPipe, there are probably similar programs for other platforms. See this post for some more information on that:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5329

kahliburke said:
Assuming you have a way to get both the Axe and the footpedal inputs into the computer, which requires having two midi ins, then you could do what you are asking with software, wouldn't need to be in the editor.

If you are on OS X you can use MidiPipe, there are probably similar programs for other platforms. See this post for some more information on that:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5329

MIDI Yolk for the PC

Yes, I;m aware of these. Of course, checking "THRU" and selecting your input is easier...

:)

Back
Top Bottom