MIDI program changes select preset in bank C?

miketheman

Experienced
Hey all,

just an quick check with what I might have missed here. I´ve borrowed an midi footcontroller from a friend: Rolls MidiWizard MP1288. I´ve done an factory reset, but when I started to use it, it selects any preset between 256 - 384 (= bank C). According to manual this bank gets selected if sending bank select CC#0 value: 2. Did an factory reset again, but nothing changed. Alright, perhaps there is some CC#0 with value 2 programmed into the factory setup. I don´t think so, but it isn´t impossible.

Tried with virtual modular in my NMG2 synth. Sending preset still selects any preset from 256 - 384. Since I´ve programmed this synthpreset myself, I find it even more hard to believe that there would be CC#0 with value 2 somewhere here aswell...

Did you power cycle the Axe before trying the NMG2? Check if MIDI PC Offset got set to 255 somehow?

BTW, Bank C will be selected with any CC#0 value from 2 to 127, not just 2.

Did you power cycle the Axe before trying the NMG2? Check if MIDI PC Offset got set to 255 somehow?

BTW, Bank C will be selected with any CC#0 value from 2 to 127, not just 2.

Thanks, that was it!
No, I didn´t. Power cycled the MidiWizard, many times. Checked MIDI routings in my MidiTemp MP88W (midi patchbay/processor/filter), forgot to mention that this was in the setup as well. Tried all different kinds of solutions, sending CC#0 manually/automatically within the MP88W, offset the value sent, re-configured the routing. Searched for similar problems with Google (and actually found someone else having quite similar problem but with a Roland GR55 instead). Checked for any offset in the Axe. Nothing worked, although seeing the MIDI led on Axe was flashing.

It never occured to me that it could possibly be the Axe that needed an power cycling. Strange that it did accept any Program Change as normal but just couldn´t "reset" any offset even when I was sending such command to it. Possible bug? Could it be that it wouldn´t change bank if CC#0 value sent are lower than what possibly was sent first time as you mentioned in your reply?

Now, after I had my sleep and have read and just tried your suggestion everything seems to work as it should. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom