Wish MIDI payload for FC

I have a rack with my AXE and a audio interface I use for clicks and tracks in ableton. I would LOVE to bind midi commands for ableton, (notes, CC, etc) to any footswitch on any layout. Right now I use a Morningstar MC8 to do simultaneous control of both ableton and my axe, but an FC12 would be so much more enjoyable. Not trying to use the FC12 without the AXE, but I do want the ability to send any midi payload from an switch. The midi block doesn’t scratch that itch.

It would, but the FCs are not midi controllers...
For how much they cost, if they could be also used as MIDI controllers, the price would be much more palatable. In EU I can almost buy a Line6 Helix LT for the price of the FC-12 and I'm saying this as a FC-12 owner. Even if it required an Axe-Fx 3 to be connected, it would be an added value item.

I think it's a sensible request and should not be too hard to implement. "Send MIDI commands" as one of the footswitch options and then allow a set of up to MIDI commands like you can program for a CS switch or via MIDI block, just without tying them to scenes, presets etc.

For how much they cost, if they could be also used as MIDI controllers, the price would be much more palatable. In EU I can almost buy a Line6 Helix LT for the price of the FC-12 and I'm saying this as a FC-12 owner. Even if it required an Axe-Fx 3 to be connected, it would be an added value item.

I think it's a sensible request and should not be too hard to implement. "Send MIDI commands" as one of the footswitch options and then allow a set of up to MIDI commands like you can program for a CS switch or via MIDI block, just without tying them to scenes, presets etc.
And this should apply to the FM9 too.

It would require some Fractal device connected because there's no midi jack ;)

I tend to agree...
That’s my point. I want to connect the my axe to my macbook and send midi messages to control ableton. Not asking them to make the FC controllers stand-alone midi controllers.

absolutely +1

I would love to be able to control something like Loopy Pro from an FM9. It could be connected to the Midi port and then act als looper via the Fractals intern interface + be controlled through the FM9 switches. This would make something like a Boss RC600 completely obsolete :D
A DREAM!!!!

I don't know whether this is non-trivial or not for the Fractal dev team, but essentially all MIDI can be broken down to hex strings and since we already have PC and CC then is it really that difficult to add in some of the other MIDI possibilities? Or is it not a use case scenario with a high enough priority for Fractal to address this?

If only we knew...

Back
Top Bottom