MIDI issues: Fractal latency & issues?

crankyrayhanky

Inspired
So I am setting up my scenes with my FX8>D-Moll midi head

I am getting some unusual results...sometimes it goes where it should, sometimes it doesn't
I thought that maybe the cpu program was causing it slow down and causing the non-correct change issue, so I unplugged it.

Performance is better, but still unpredictable at times. If I move to fast, seems to be more chance of error. Though if I take my time, it is not 100% either, so IDK

It is frustrating because sometimes it works as it should.
Is anyone else getting a bug in this area? I've been on this for almost 2 hours. Note I have used midi before with this head on other products without issue. This is a simple PC and easy to program on the DMOll (switch to store)

I have 8 scenes set up on FX8
Right now only working on PC changes for 3 channels set for PC1 PC2 PC3
This is all saved into each scene as I wish
Sometimes the amp switches where it should, sometimes it does not

For example:
I hit scene 5 which should be PC1 (amp channel clean 1).
Scene 1 which should be PC3 (amp channel hi gain ch3).
Scene 6 which should be PC2 (amp channel mid gain ch2).

clean channel works, then hi gain works, then go for clean and it does not work, it stays hi gain. I hit mid gain which works then clean and now suddenly clean works again

Does thru need to be ON?
I just tried that and it seemed to work, but couldn't test it for too long with my 2 year old

I thought I was using midi out not thru(?)

Hope that's it

No that did not do it. It works like 50% of the time which is driving me nuts.
Is there something else I may have overlooked, like I'm sending out multiple midi signals or something?

Ok I am now seeing that sometime 2 high end midi pieces sometimes don't work together; anybody here using a Diezel with fx8?
This is extremely frustrating

There is a known issue about some amps not being able to handle certain incoming midi signals. The FX8 is being adjusted to compensate for this and will be available in the next firmware that FAS has said will be released soon. I don't know if this will specifically solve the issue you're having, but it's possible.

Another long shot ...

I'm not familiar with your amp, but do you have any other MIDI devices in your chain using OMNI and forwarding a mapped MIDI PC number onto the amp from a MIDI THRU port ?

I'll bet it's caused by the SYSEX problem as per my HJS.

I would wager this is the issue as well. However, we are not Fractal support. Send in a ticket (support.fractal.com) this information helps Fractal have more data on different midi issues/specific scenarios. The more info the better when hunting bugs like this, so I recommend sending a quick ticket. You may even get a direct answer if your specific issue will be resolved in this firmware or not. Either way the information helps.

Thanks for the replies.
No, there is not other midi device connected to my setup.
I'll need this fixed soon or it's kind of useless to me. I can't get a straight answer out of Orange on whether the relays will work safely and my DMoll midi is not compatible, so something's got to change quickly for my situation. Depressing because the tones are fantastic

Thanks for the replies.
No, there is not other midi device connected to my setup.
I'll need this fixed soon or it's kind of useless to me. I can't get a straight answer out of Orange on whether the relays will work safely and my DMoll midi is not compatible, so something's got to change quickly for my situation. Depressing because the tones are fantastic
i'd hang on just a bit longer...

right, I'll hang on..these tones are amazing! It makes it extra grueling as I really want this in my live rig
Hopefully the new update saves me

Well I thought it was 100%. Seemed to be, then it started getting weird and going closer to 50-75% .
I unplugged from the cpu interface hoping that might help. Not sure. It's kind of crazy, just when I think it's totally horrible, it starts working again for like 10+ clicks in a row. I think if I slow down and not click as fast I increase my odds of success (not sure if there's any super quick scene taps needed in my band setlist yet). Not sure if that is a coincidence or effective though. Sometimes there's a long pause between clicks and there's no change.

It's less than 100%, which is not going to work. Nothing worse than thinking you're going to play a clean part and hi gain screetches out at you or vice versa

Ugggh

Back
Top Bottom