MIDI help for n00b

jwylieee

Hello all,

I am very new to the fractal environment, just got my fm-3 a week ago. I have a eventide h9 and morning star mc6, what would be the best way to hook it all up? I’ve been playing guitar for almost 20 years, but am a total n00b with midi stuff.

Thanks!

What specific functions do you want to control? Do you want the MC6 to act as the master controller, or more like an extra set of switches for the FM3?

There's an example here using the FM3 to send midi messages to the H9.

Here's a video outlining how to set up an external midi controller to use with the FM3

I would probably begin by trying to set it up without the external foot controller. Then you can learn The basics of how the FM three works as a midi controller.

Then, figure out what you want that the setup isn’t doing for you and dedicate the third-party midi controller to that. Off the cuff I would probably use it as a scene selector for the FM3.

What specific functions do you want to control? Do you want the MC6 to act as the master controller, or more like an extra set of switches for the FM3?

There's an example here using the FM3 to send midi messages to the H9.

Here's a video outlining how to set up an external midi controller to use with the FM3

Probably as an extra set of switches, but I’m not 100% sure. One box to control all sounds like a great idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom