Midi controller choices? Need 10 presets

marshall2553 said:
Have you looked at the Rocktron MidiMate? Gives you access to 10 presets and is a good bit cheaper.

The only thing that worrys me about the rocktron is the plastic knobs...

sebby123 said:
So dont need to bank, But i do need 10 presets Thinking something along the lines of:
ENGL Z-15

ENGL has really good/robust equipment. I currently have a Behringer FCB1010 which is much cheaperl, has in addition two pedals and the advantage that you can change CCs and PCs of a switch.

marshall2553 said:
sebby123 said:

Maybe someone that gigs with one can chime in about reliability. I just use mine at home.

Thanks hopefully someone, I do gig quite a bit so thats why im willing to pay the extra $ for reliablity.

A used Lexicon R1 has 10 preset access (plus it can access all three banks of the Axe-Fx). And a built in expression pedal with a toe switch. Plus a bunch of other IA switches. Can be found used for <$150 usually. Takes power over 7-pin cable.

mpxr1.jpg

iaresee said:
A used Lexicon R1 has 10 preset access (plus it can access all three banks of the Axe-Fx). And a built in expression pedal with a toe switch. Plus a bunch of other IA switches. Can be found used for <$150 usually. Takes power over 7-pin cable.

That's a very good deal!

Can you program A/B, TAP, BYPASS and FX too?

voes said:
iaresee said:

That's a very good deal!

Might have to look into one of these :D

sebby123 said:
voes said:
If you can live with 8 you could get the LF jr. for the same money.

I would probably go for the Ground control before the LF, i thought it only had 5 presets?

LF pro has 6 presets or 12 presets

LF jr. has 4 presets or 8 presets

voes said:
iaresee said:

That's a very good deal!

A/B, Bypass and the toe switch are latching and can be set to send on/off on any CC you want. Tap is non-latching and is set to a specific CC#. FX is latching and switches the 10 preset switches into 10 IA switches (kind of, it doesn't transmit their state along with PC changes so they get out of sync with the Axe-Fx, but still better than nothing).

I have Tuner set to engage the tuner.

A/B is attached to External 1
Wah is attached to External 3
Toe switch is attached to External 6
Tap Tempo is attached to global tempo.

And then I have the IAs set to direct access a bunch of F/X blocks but I rarely use them because their state is never consistent.

If you're real careful you can find one for <$100.

Their Achilles heel is the TACT switches wear out, but they're cheap and easy to replace.

voes said:
sebby123 said:
voes said:
If you can live with 8 you could get the LF jr. for the same money.

I would probably go for the Ground control before the LF, i thought it only had 5 presets?

LF pro has 6 presets or 12 presets

LF jr. has 4 presets or 8 presets

Hmm still debate is Engl z-15 vs Rocktron midimate at the moment, If the midimate is reliable then thats what im going that, if not it looks like im going to get the Engl.

marshall2553 said:
sebby123 said:

Maybe someone that gigs with one can chime in about reliability. I just use mine at home.

Nothing wrong with switches (it's more like rubber actually, not plastic), never failed me and have been using it live for years.

Muris_Varajic said:
marshall2553 said:
sebby123 said:

Nothing wrong with switches (it's more like rubber actually, not plastic), never failed me and have been using it live for years.

Gonna go for the midimate :D

Muris_Varajic said:
marshall2553 said:
sebby123 said:

Agreed about the rubber rather than plastic buttons.

I had mine for 8 years and gigged in most weekends. I only got rid to upgrade to their All Access. I found with the Axe I wanted more IAs than the midimate offered.

paulmapp8306 said:
Agreed about the rubber rather than plastic buttons.

I had mine for 8 years and gigged in most weekends. I only got rid to upgrade to their All Access. I found with the Axe I wanted more IAs than the midimate offered.

Yeah, only 5 IA with midimate.

Back
Top Bottom