MIDI block bug?

Hi there,

I have investigated the MIDI block issue and it seems to be a problem with MIDI thru port.

The 19.06 get together with WIDI master and Airstep controller freshly added to my rig and I thought it was that.

Anyway, I had a setup where MIDI block controlled 3 downstream devices and "internal feedback" to AF III to control few functions at one FM12 click. I have a MIDI Quadra thru connected to Axe (I am not quite sure if it was connected to OUT or THRU port) and 3 outs of Quadra went to the devices, forth back to Axe. I have recently added WIDI Master with Airstep controller to control my SIM1 device and few other things in multiple devices independently from the Axe presets and scenes but I found it fail to work.

for the moment I have found the following:
1. Quadra connected to MIDI OUT of Axe works like a charm, but then it only sends messages from Axe. WIDI is disconnected.
2. Quadra connected to MIDI THRU of Axe does not send any messages from Axe to devices. WIDI disconnected.
3. Quadra connected to MIDI TRHU of Axe passing external messages perfectly. WIDI Master connected to Axe MIDI In and OUT. MIDI block sometimes work - mostly when MIDI block has only one message - but not always and I could not find a rule. It works fine with Test button in Axe edit.

I will also try to rewire the thing that WIDI will be connected to Quadra and Axe will be only a MIDI sender, but this will not sort my all problems.

Any advices?

MIDI Thru is just that, it's a hardware thru. The Axe-Fx does not send any data to MIDI Thru.
OK, so why scenario 3 is working? I am just testing - Axe edit test button for MIDI block sends Midi messages to my downstream devices ( 2 Darkglass units and SIM1). There is no MIDI loop through Axe : Quadra Merge is connected to Axe MIDI Thru, WIDI to IN and OUT, Airstep is off. When MIDI block has only one message it works with scene change, with two or more not.

Edit: I was looping via WIDI Master, once WIDI MIDI In is disconnected it does not work. I thought MIDI thru merges the input and device output... So I will have to use MIDI merger.

Thanks for clearing the whole thing out.

Back
Top Bottom