Michael Dolce The Voice AXE FX 3

That sounds awsome! Love the backstage camera angle, get to see a little of what you see!

Is there a second guitarist on there too? Or did you make a backing track? Or am I hearing things!?

That sounds awsome! Love the backstage camera angle, get to see a little of what you see!

Is there a second guitarist on there too? Or did you make a backing track? Or am I hearing things!?

You are correct ! We play to a click, this enables me to add a 2nd guitar part if necessary, such as the reverb'd stabs that happen in the chorus of this song !

Michael, I'd like to take this chance to also officially welcome you to the Fractal Audio family of endorsing artists. Between you and Justin Derrico, the Axe-Fx must have been heard on tens of thousands of performances on The Voice!
Thank you. Always a pleasure posting on here. I should try and do it more often. I've been using it on the show for 12 years a lot of songs in that time. I have approx 9000 dedicated patches. I build each patch for each song. Each song normally consists of 3 to 4 patch changes Intro,Verse. Pre Chorus, Chorus, bridge, solo etc..

9000 presets!!! I bet you don't try to update your FW very often!? I used to do that (on a much lower level than you of course) but have ended up going for a kitchen sink approach where one that tries to do it all. It's ok for small things, but wouldn't work at your level of performing.

nice to see you back. michael! i'd be interested to know how you go about levelling all your presets...

I'd imagine he would only level the ones that he is going to use for the next show, that is if he doesn't sell them. I always think of Austin Buddy when new FW updates come out and feel so sorry for him (and other preset sellers).

9000 presets!!! I bet you don't try to update your FW very often!? I used to do that (on a much lower level than you of course) but have ended up going for a kitchen sink approach where one that tries to do it all. It's ok for small things, but wouldn't work at your level of performing.
I used the AXE FX 2 up until season 9 and I stayed on FW 10.0 Then updated to AXE FX 3

nice to see you back. michael! i'd be interested to know how you go about levelling all your presets...
I'd imagine he would only level the ones that he is going to use for the next show, that is if he doesn't sell them. I always think of Austin Buddy when new FW updates come out and feel so sorry for him (and other preset sellers).
I don't sell my patches. Everything is tweaked for the song, including levels. Patch levels change per patch. I never rely on the broadcast engineer to ride my levels. We run in-ear monitoring with AVIOM mixing consoles . I run my mix similar to the broadcast, that gives me a clear indication how loud or soft I need to be. If I'm too loud or soft the engineer will notify me.

Back
Top Bottom