MFC won't connect over Ethernet

jdolll

Inspired
I had a bonehead move this morning and tripped over my Ethernet cable plugged into the back of my MFC-101 (gen 1), it broke the surface mounted Ethernet jack on the inside of the MFC.... It's out of warranty so I decided to take the opportunity to replace the standard Ethernet jack with an ethercon connector... Got it all soldered up, continuity is all good on all my pins, but still getting an axe fx name timeout on the MFC. I tried calling fractal support, but the support section of their answering service puts me into a loop that will neither let me talk to anyone (I assume they're closed today anyway), or leave a message... Anyone have any experience troubleshooting?! I have gigs Wednesday and this weekend that I need my MFC for. I'm really in a tough spot.

Last edited:
Make sure of the basics:
Midi channel matches up
MFC is set to expansion vs midi
On axefx send realtime sysex=all, USB adapter mode=off
Try a different cable...
Try midi using midi.. MFC midi out to AxeFX midi in... with MFC set to midi. It's a workaround....

It's possible the jack has been damaged on the AxeFx too...

Yeah midi is my last ditch... I'm not home with all my cables to try that out yet, but all the other settings are as they should be.

MIDI works, so at least that can get me through the week, but I'm dumbfounded by the Ethernet issue....

Back
Top Bottom