MFC tuner display

hmuehl

Hi,
I'm very happy with my Ultra and the MFC in general, but not satisfied with the tuner display. At the MFC it reacts much slower and jumps from left to right. At the Axe it reacts more sensitive.
Do you have the same issue? Any recommendations?
Thanks

I agree.
Noticed it at a gig last weekend.
Much easier to look at the Ultra when tuning which defeats the objest slightly.

vaxed said:
Noticed it at a gig last weekend.
Much easier to look at the Ultra when tuning which defeats the objest slightly.
Sorry for hijacking :mrgreen:
I don't have an MFC (yet, hopefully). But at my last gig in a very small bar, my ULTRA rack stood on its side at the wall under a shelf. Tuning my guitar was a pain in the a** I can tell ya. :lol:
I'd be pleased to have that jumping MFC tuner. :roll: So, if you can't stand it any longer, pm me for my adress ... :lol:

:? Sorry guys ... BTT!

I don't find it hard either..

The only thing that bugs me is the extra space to the right (for the #/b signs) is off-putting - as whole notes are not "centered" in the display. But I can live with the visual deficiency.

s0c9 said:
I don't find it hard either..

The only thing that bugs me is the extra space to the right (for the #/b signs) is off-putting - as whole notes are not "centered" in the display. But I can live with the visual deficiency.

That's the problem I'm having.

I don't find it too difficult to tune with the MFC, but there does seem to be either some additional latency or decreased precision as I find myself overshooting the desired tuning much more frequently when compared to using the tuner on the Axe display.

I'm glad I'm not alone I've been finding it really hard to tune with..... It is slow!!!!!!!

I find it really easy to tune from the front of the Axe but its not convenient.

Hope there is a fix soon.
:?

As I posted on my other topic communication between the MFC and the Axe is way too slow when in Axe-Fx Mode. This affects Program Changes, Control Changes and the Tuner. Even the first midicontrollers from 20 years ago were faster.. I only hope it´s not an hardware problem.

I guess then get one of these and use a pedal tuner. :D

ERNIE_BALL_VOLUME_PEDAL.jpg

My biggest sales pitch to myself :lol: is the tuner on the pedalboard. If its not useful, might as well get the EB vol pedal with tuner out.

Agree with the OP. It's a bit sluggish/jumpy and harder to tune than using the Axe-FX display. Hopefully this can be improved in a firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom