MFC not responding to switching scenes! SOS!

Hey guys!

My Axe-FX or MFC isn’t working right and it’s ruined two live shows so far. I’m on tour and have to fix this by tomorrow!

I have the controller set up for scenes and sometimes when I hit a switch to change scenes, let’s say to go from 1 to 4 for example, it’ll either not respond at all, or the screen will say “Scene 4” but the light won’t turn on on that switch, and the scene won’t ACTUALLY switch. It’ll stay on scene 1.

This is seriously screwing me up and I need to fix it ASAP! Please help!

Thanks

Craig

Last edited:
You could also open up the mfc and make sure all the ribbon cables are seated firmly. I think I remember reading a thread where that fixed a similar problem.

It happened again tonight. I tried a different cable too.

I was on Scene 8, and went to hit Scene 4, and when I did, the screen said “Scene 4” for a second after I hit the switch, but never actually changed to that scene. It stayed on Scene 8. It’s like the MFC is trying to switch scenes but the axe won’t have it.

I DO have it hooked up to a computer via MIDI to change tempos with our click tracks. Could that be it? There has to be a way that i can sync tempo and still use my MFC controller... This is super frustrating though. Has anyone experienced this before?

It's probably because of the computer. The ace doesn't do well with multiple midi sources from what I read. There are ways around it though. You need to contact customer support. They will get you fixed up. Nothing worse than playing badly because you can't concentrate

I DO have it hooked up to a computer via MIDI to change tempos with our click tracks. Could that be it? There has to be a way that i can sync tempo and still use my MFC controller... This is super frustrating though. Has anyone experienced this before?
I'm no expert.. but highly likely.
Did this recently start happening?
If so, WHAT DID YOU CHANGE? There IS a logical explanation.
Also...
Which MIDI channel are you sending the tempo changes on, and I assume TO the Axe, right? If OMNI, it MIGHT be overriding the MFC connections due to controlling the Axe with TWO midi devices at once.
Is the PC mac or win?
How do you have the MIDI connections wired?
Are you using a MIDI hub or going direct?
As @Tahoebrian5 said.. contact support. They will need those details to assist..

Thing is, I haven’t changed anything..

The laptop is hooked up to an interface which I have connected to the Axe with a MIDI cable going from the interface’s Out to the Axe’s In. It’s not sending any commands or anything, just synced up for tempo.

It’s set to Channel 1, I believe, not Omni.

What’s frustrating is that is doesn’t always do it, just sometimes, which makes troubleshooting pretty damn hard.

Back
Top Bottom