MFC not controlling IA's after update - Help

Jimbo

Updated FW in both my Axe Fx MkII and MFC101. Downloaded Axe Edit 3. Drunk w/ enthusiasm for the ease of using Axe Edit over past practice of Axe front panel loading, I went ahead and loaded all new chains w/ latest effects & amps.

Problem now is the MFC is not controlling all of the effects IA's. I adjusted the MFC program so all effects led's are lit. Axe Edit put effects with X/Y switching on some effects; all but multi delay, trem, comp. the non X/Y effects are controlled by the MFC while the X/Y effects are not.

I can switch the X/Y IA's with Axe Edit and they work. I have the MFC looking for X/Y effects as shown in Axe Edit. I tried the 'save a new bank size in MFC then save back the original trick'; no help.

I've never been comfortable w/ X/Y feature so probably my ignorance on some dynamic there. Please help.

Any block that has XY switching available always has it "on." But you are probably just using the X state.

There are 2 separate controls available on the MFC switches: Engage/Bypass and X/Y. Which are you trying to do?

Did you do a reset on the MFC? Have you looked at what effects the switches are set to at all? Or are you just pressing the same buttons as before and it's not working?

I did re-configure all the IA's in the MFC and double checked that the switches are pointed to the correct effects.

I am trying to 'engage / bypass.' I don't need X/Y.

Thanks for any help.

same here

I did re-configure all the IA's in the MFC and double checked that the switches are pointed to the correct effects.

I am trying to 'engage / bypass.' I don't need X/Y.

Thanks for any help.

I encounter the same issue. Just want to bypasss/engage for starters.
Recent upgrades did not change anything in global setups and bypass/engage worked fine always after upgrading FWs.
since 18.12 (axeFx) and 3.08 on MFC Mk II I do have the IA's not anymore doing what I want them to do...

Last edited:
Chris,
I have what you suspect above. I switch X/Y instead of bypass/engage....
now, I forgot where/how to configure that from X/Y switching to bypass/engage. any quick tipp ?

Thanks!

Noticed the same thing after updating - all my effect block controls on the MFC have been switched around and messed up.

i would hope so, as the release notes say "IMPORTANT: You will need to re-do Axe-Fx II IA switch assignments after this update. Please note your current assignments before installing 3.07."

it is correct that all the IA switches were messed up. Thanks for your video, Chris ! Good !

not that I really mind, but with earlier FWs it was possible that when hitting an IA switch, AxeEdit showed instantly the state of the switch. this is not needed I guess anyways...but was a cool thing tough.

whatever, reconfiguring IAs helps after the update...;-)

If the problem is that the IA Switches no longer control what they used to before the MFC-101 FW upgrade to 3.07 or 3.08, you can have the MFC-Edit program automatically convert your IA Switches to the new FW compatibility off the Tools menu.
ToolsMenu-v3.3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom