MFC MALFUNCTION (sorry for being in the wrong place but I'm desperate)

mjross

Inspired
I'm hoping that some of you very knowledgable people that know the MFC are hanging out right now. I have an important demo tonight and I seem to have fu*ked up something somewhere. I know people do not visit the MFC thread all that often so please forgive me as I'm very desperate.

I performed a simple MFC Reset per the Fractal Support directions and now my pedal is not communicating with the AXE FX. Now all I get is "AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT!". If I push a button i get something like X030 then goes back to the AXE FX TIMEOUT. i got on the Fractal support site and followed their directions to the "T". To the "T"! Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a wonderful machine but sh!t like this scares me to death. Man, I'm getting nervous. I finally got what I was looking for in the last firmware update, now this. Thanks for your time and patience.

Mj

Did you make sure you had the MFC setup to the right Axe? Like if you have an Axe FX II XL, make sure the MFC is set to the XL mode or if you have a regular Axe FX II Mk1 or Mk2, set it to Axe FX mode?

You need to post more info - tell us what version of the MFC you have, what Axe model you have, and what release you are running. There is a lot of info on Yeks site about this too. If you calmly go through it you will see all the help you need. I had a similar problem not too long ago and once I took a deep breath and went through the instructions on the Wiki I was fine. Yeks site IS the wiki btw. Good luck!

What version of the Axe FX are you using? Make sure to select the correct one under Edit -> Setup. You also might need to reselect your connection type (Edit -> MIDI) depending on how you are connecting the two.

I have an AXE FX II Mark I and a MFC Mark I. I bought them both when they first came out. I'm running a 7 pin midi. I used the procedure suggested by Fractal Support where you remove the 7 pin connector, press button 11, plug in the connector, then press button 14. I saw "restore" on the MFC screen. Thought everything was cool, my mistake.

If anybody knows how to fix this, please let me know. I'm in a time crunch and man I'm getting a little nervous. I promise, I will read Yek's info in the morning. As for now, I just need to figure out what has happened. Thanks for your time and patience.

Mj

Back
Top Bottom