MFC landed, preset question please...

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Unboxed it tonight, flashed it to .17 , all good. Unit defaulted to 5 presets and the rest IA's which is fine for me.

So it also loads all the axe FX banks ABC into the 5 Presets per bank. I have been reading.......but still can't figure out how to say, put preset 211 from the axefx into say bank 1 switch 3 ? Can this be done easily? Or is everyone loading the patches sequentially in the AxeFX......can't see that !!
Thanks

Page 46 of the v1.0.2 doc describes how to set up the MFC for banks B or C and how to map the 128 "presets" on the MFC to any of the 384 presets on the Axe.
Use the bank mappings in the Appendix (pg 69) to determine the offset value that needs to be entered in the MFC for Axer patch #.

You can do it via the MFC (as described before) or simply via the I/O-menu of the Axe-FX. Go to MIDI configuration, set the "Mapping mode" to "Custom", select the program change number ("Map from") you want to use on your footcontroller and chose the preset it should "Map to". Done. If you use the display offset +1 subtract -1 from the numbers.

This way you don't have to program the MFC, and the Axe-FX will also chose the right presets if you have to use other MIDI controllers.

Or you can just put the MFC in "Song Mode", and assign any preset # to any of the first 5 Preset switches... no mapping required.

Back
Top Bottom